4 replies to this topic

#1 rageagainstthedyingofthelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 306 posts
  • LocationTerra Therma, shut down

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

I love the idea of being able to use the free roaming camera when you're dead, but I of course realize that all my mates on TS would be cheating like heck if we had it, so here's a compromise...

Taking control of a group of pugs w/o TS in like herding cats if all the cats had rabies and were also deaf. It's nice to hit B and try and give orders at the beginning of battle, but once battle starts, giving additional orders is next to impossible.

What if there were a non-mech commander, who would would be in a non-combat vehicle at a specific location on the map, able to deploy an observation drone that could use the free roam, but also be destroyed like a UAC? In addition, if they were in a non combat/destructible vehicle, then providing protection to that vehicle would add another level of game play.

Just a thought, what do you guys think?

#2 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

They are already looking at ways to implement it.

The favorite right now is by using a record/time delay feature.

#3 Phromethius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

You can already speak to team mates by spectating and One might notice things on their HUD which they themselves may not notice. But I really wish they would enable the change in 1st and 3rd position after mech destruction and possibly enable a fixed orbit around whomever you are watching.

This way you can still act as a help to your team like watching there "Six" but the best part for PGI is you get to appreciate the models of their game too! I hate that I can't see the front of my mech when I am not engaged with anything.

#4 Shockwave144

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

They could make it like GTA IV where it would record your game and then later you could go into editor mode and fly around and get good angles, long afer the game was over.

#5 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostShockwave144, on 22 October 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

They could make it like GTA IV where it would record your game and then later you could go into editor mode and fly around and get good angles, long afer the game was over.

this i like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users