Thanks Matchmaking! (Post Your Stories Here)

3 replies to this topic

#1 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Post your stories on how matchmaking royally screwed you over here.

I'll start the ball rolling.

I had a game where half my team were Locusts and the enemy team had almost no lights. Needless to say, we got rolled because there was no one to tank or deal damage. And the Locusts as usual were off doing their own thing.

#2 Mcwierdo

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

The matchmaker derped for me yesterday, but we managed to win anyway. We only had Mediums and nothing else, while the enemy team were more balanced.

Hunchies, Shadowhawks, a Blackjack and one Cicada vs. two Spiders, a Blackjack, a Centurion, Catapults and three Atlases! Three!

Both teams met near the red base, because our Mediums were faster. Both teams took cover and started firing shots here and there. We pretty much just stood there for a while, until the enemy Spiders figured they could cap our base while we slugged it out.

They ran right past us and our Cicada went after them. The rest of our team couldn't safely chase the Spiders, since they would get shot in the back if they got out of cover. I thought we were pretty much screwed at this point, but that Cicada held the line. It just would not give up our base and delayed the Spiders almost ten minutes, while we traded shots with the enemy.

We actually had the advantage in this situation, since us Mediums could get in and out of cover faster than the enemy Catapults and Atlases. So we managed to wear them down over those ten minutes and started killing them one by one.

The Cicada finally croaked and the Spiders started capping for real, but the rest of their team was dead, so eleven of us marched on the red square. We capped seconds before they did. Lost no one but that heroic, majestic, glorious Cicada.

Up yours, matchmaker!

Edited by Mcwierdo, 23 October 2013 - 04:19 AM.

#3 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Necro my thread with this epic game of tonnage ****

Posted Image

Oh, you have newbies in this game. Let's put them all in one team and in the same lance

Posted Image

Edited by knightsljx, 22 December 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#4 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:52 AM

Let's give this team a massive tonnage disadvantage and throw in a premade lance while we're at it

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users