- - - - -

How To Sell Parts Of An Allready Sold Mech?=?!?

15 replies to this topic

#1 WirSindDIeJaeger

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

Hey guys got a question

im new to this game and sold a Spider tank without the parts, just got 200CBills with parts i would have gotten 1,1 Mio. How can i sell these parts now? cant find the option.

i missclicked....

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

On another mech, you can go into your mechlab, inventory, put the part onto that mech and then sell it.

If you can't do that, though, there is another option: Since you are new, you could ask support@mwomercs.com to restore it for you.

They offer a one-time fix for anything you screw up.

#3 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

Hopefully UI2 will allow us to buy and sell items without having to be in a mech

#4 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostKoniving, on 20 October 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

On another mech, you can go into your mechlab, inventory, put the part onto that mech and then sell it.

If you can't do that, though, there is another option: Since you are new, you could ask support@mwomercs.com to restore it for you.

They offer a one-time fix for anything you screw up.

I would recommend if you can't, then file a support ticket saying you can't sell stuff. This is just a bug report, not a fix.

The one time fix is a ONE TIME fix, period. You use it for this, and that's it. You accidentally sell a multi-million c-bill mech with a super expensive engine in it etc, tough. You used your fix. Decide later you want to change your name? Sorry, you used your one time fix.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

Empty chassis are worth very little. The engine makes up a very large portion of the cost of any mech.

Do you own any other mechs?
  • If you have another mech with a similar or higher engine rating, the engine will be available in the mechlab and you can sell it from there. Scroll down the engine list and look for one that has a Quantity of 1. click it and there will be a sell button in the bottom/center of the mechlab.
  • Repeat this for any weapons that were on the mech, but weapon are worth much less.
  • If you don't have an other mech (or a mech that cannot mount the engine you're looking for) there is no way to access the excess inventory within the current version of the game. The item is still there but you won't be able to access it until you buy a new mech
It may be possible to have your recent mech sell operation reversed. Try writing a very polite letter to support@mwomercs.com

It may be more economical to start over with a new account and collect the Cadet bonus all over again, depending on how much progress you've made. ANY time you sell a mech you are losing a large portion of the C-bills invested

#6 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

The biggest ticket item that contributes to that 1,1mio is the engine - and really you should never sell engines.

However, if you select another mech you own, then go to Loadout, you can see the number of particular items you have in the list (look for the QTY column - if it's more than 0, you have the option to sell).

It's not very intuitive, and they are looking to fix it with UI2.0.

#7 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

You call sell the parts from another mech. Parts being the engine and weapons (you can't sell armor or ammo). Personally, I suggest you keep some of it. It's nice to have a few extra engines laying around, though it does depend on that they are (I sold all the STD160s in my locusts immediately, but I should keep at least one of the 260s and 340s I got from the TBolt and battlemasters, and will definately keep the 275s in the Shadowhawks)

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

Consider it this way...

When you buy a mech, you're buying a skeleton, armor, weapons, ammo, all sorts of heavy stuff, lots of heatsinks, and ultimatley an engine.

When you sell it... literally all the armor, weapons, ammo, componenets, etc. are stripped and all you actually sold was the skeleton.

If you sell it with everything though, man you got screwed. Though once you get to 76 mechs like me, I got an awesome tip for you. Make sure it's a mech with standard heatsinks. Take out the engine, load it with unwanted armor, load it with all the standard heatsinks you can stuff in, all the ammo you don't need, sell, and profit.

#9 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

So, do you get the full whack for items as part of a sold chassis, as opposed to the 50% rate you get when selling things individually?

I have no spare mechs (yet >:3 ), but when I do I'll take this into account!

#10 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

No, you only get 50% return on your Cbills for parts as well. That's why most people will tell you DON'T SELL your stuff. You get royally screwed.

The only stuff I've sold has been equip that I had a ridiculous amount of in storage, like some of my 30+ medium lasers, or some of my half dozen STD 200 engines, etc.

If you can swing buying a bit of MC, for real money, you could buy some more mech bays, then you don't need to sell any mechs. Unless you've elited your 3 variants and you know FOR SURE that you'll not want that one variant back again.

I've only sold a few mechs in that instance ( I knew I didn't want them again), but I stripped them all bare before I sold them.

#11 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

1. You don't really want to sell your equipment unless you get too much of one item, or something else outclasses it for the same tonnage in the case of engines.
2. You can access equipment when you go to edit another mech, IF that mech is capable of mounting that equipment in the hardpoints (the mechlab filters out what can't be equiped, even if you own it, so you won't be able to select it in order to sell it)
You don't have to actually move it onto the mech. If you select it in the list, you can still sell it, red or green, in the details box at the bottom.

#12 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 20 October 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

No, you only get 50% return on your Cbills for parts as well. That's why most people will tell you DON'T SELL your stuff. You get royally screwed.

The only stuff I've sold has been equip that I had a ridiculous amount of in storage, like some of my 30+ medium lasers, or some of my half dozen STD 200 engines, etc.

If you can swing buying a bit of MC, for real money, you could buy some more mech bays, then you don't need to sell any mechs. Unless you've elited your 3 variants and you know FOR SURE that you'll not want that one variant back again.

I've only sold a few mechs in that instance ( I knew I didn't want them again), but I stripped them all bare before I sold them.

Pretty much this. I have mastered the Jenner 3D(S) and the Raven 3L but those are the only two of those chassis that I own. Sold one Jager, but now kind of wish I hadn't.

As to engines etc, if you don't mind the hassle, you really only need one of each, as you can swap them in and out. You can save a mech w/o an engine or too few heatsinks, you just can't take it into battle that way.

Also, until you know you want to keep a mech forever and ever, ie you plan to put a ring on it, don't spend too much on upgrades. Why toss money in the hole? Sure you might earn more, but a few more assists mean a few thousand C-bills and if you are only going to get Basic on the mech, why not just deal with it and save the cash?

In short, when in doubt, don't sell. You don't want to sell those 3 "spare" MLs only to wind up buying 2 to finish a build later.

#13 Dredhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationSpace Colony Texas

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

If anything I would like the ability to sell the stock pile of ammo and armor parts I have laying around...I don't get why it not in the game in the first place even if we still had Repair and rearm.....

#14 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostKoniving, on 20 October 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

Consider it this way...

When you buy a mech, you're buying a skeleton, armor, weapons, ammo, all sorts of heavy stuff, lots of heatsinks, and ultimatley an engine.

When you sell it... literally all the armor, weapons, ammo, componenets, etc. are stripped and all you actually sold was the skeleton.

If you sell it with everything though, man you got screwed. Though once you get to 76 mechs like me, I got an awesome tip for you. Make sure it's a mech with standard heatsinks. Take out the engine, load it with unwanted armor, load it with all the standard heatsinks you can stuff in, all the ammo you don't need, sell, and profit.

Actually, I believe the armor and ammo get stripped out. I tried leaving armor on and then stripping it off and checking the price, and it made no difference. I do suggest selling some extra single HS though when you get a chance, as you'll build up a pile of them as you go, but you can do that in your mechs before you upgrade to DHS.

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostBront, on 20 October 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Actually, I believe the armor and ammo get stripped out. I tried leaving armor on and then stripping it off and checking the price, and it made no difference. I do suggest selling some extra single HS though when you get a chance, as you'll build up a pile of them as you go, but you can do that in your mechs before you upgrade to DHS.

Aw, thought I had an ingenious plan. :D And I did sell those. I do this fairly regularly.
Posted Image

#16 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

if you dont own another mech, you will have to play trails till you can purchase another one so you can sell the parts.

no mechs no selling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users