Training Grounds Revamp

2 replies to this topic

#1 Archonus

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

I really believe that the training grounds should be expanded, not saying anything is wrong with it right now just that it could be better. The limit of people allowed should be increased from anywhere between 1 to 12 mechs/ pilots to join on a specific map. Also preset scenarios that a lance or company can face a preset A.I in. As well as a spectator controlled set of commands to change things on a premade to allow for more specific actions against the training group.

So in short the allowable player limit should be increased changed allowing anywhere between 1- 13 people to join a training ground group the 13th being a command spectator with the ability to change the location of pop up targets/ mechs (dummy targets), and the activity of the dummy target. i.e.a target is setup on D5 of forest colony snow and fires along a single path thru D7 every 4 seconds with a ELL unless its red circle target is hit and then loses activity for 6 seconds and resumes firing unless target has been hit X times then it deactivates. Then allow 4/8/12 man groups to select from a number of different scenarios to do get them to work better or learn from what others have experienced before them. If mech build testing was allowed while someone was trying to see which build they liked most was allowable from the mechlab portion of the game that would allow pilots fire on stationary targets of different weight class and armor setup that would allow for much easier customization without going thru as much trail and error(and C-bills).

All in all I think that if the training grounds was allowed to hold 12 pilots and started giving them the chance to get movement and firing patterns down. Then expanded to allow those 12 again to run scenarios that have been run into multiple times and allowed to adjust tactics to defeat the situation. Lastly add a extra slot that a spectator can command certain things in the training area to allow for the chance for these groups to further refine their skills as a team would help immensely.

Edited by Archonus, 22 October 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#2 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Indeed, that would be nice.

And I suggest breaking up your post to make it easier to read.

#3 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

these would be awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users