Conquest Suggestion

4 replies to this topic

#1 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

This would give the losing team a fighting chance near the end of the match, put a mech on each cap and have a chance of coming back from a 400-700 game.

#2 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostCody Furlong, on 22 October 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

I've noticed that in conquest when you are trying to capture a base, it still gives the other side points until you neutral it by making their bar go fully down. My suggestion is to make it so that as soon as a rival mech begins to claim a base it goes neutral immediately, and not give points to either side until they've fully claimed it.

This would make capturing the points a lot more strategic, instead of just everyone rolling in a big group from one point to the next, counting on how long it takes before their points go down to give them the win. It would put the focus on capturing like it should be, instead of just everyone running into the center most capture point, then killing each other over it while the other points go largely unnoticed.

I said the same thing awile ago . PGU dosen't care.

It takes too long to recapture points

#3 Snegtag

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationRochester NY

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

Good Idea or the rate at which point are earned could go up and down with how far the bar is filled. It would also be nice if the reward for capping in conquest was higher. I've won games by capping while my team fights to the last. I'm sure the award is higher then my 0 kills 0 assists but 4 caps.

#4 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Something slightly different but I think would be great is if each mech on a point is a force multiplier.

So a single mech capping is normal speed. Two mechs capping though is faster again (say 2.3x). Three mechs capping is like four mechs in current system. 12 mechs capping is practically instant.

It would add some strategic allocations and encourage people to group on caps a bit more. The caps would be more dynamic as well - if you managed to get a small group to go grab a cap, it can turn around faster than the enemy might have planned for, forcing them to respond.

Teams with lots of heavies and few lights would now have a chance of blobbing to caps and capturing them quickly so they can counter the 2 fast lights on the other team etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users