- - - - -

Is This A Bug?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Name113995

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

I have played about 120 - 130 games and it never happened something like this.
While in game, my mech shuts down due to overheating and few seconds later it explodes.
More precisely my engine explode, without being hit by anyone. Here is a screenshoot.
Is this a bug or I missed something?

Spoiler

#2 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

It is intentional. If you overheat, your CT internals slowly melt away until they are gone. You'll know when you are taking damage in this manner if you see a yellow flashing light in the cockpit.

#3 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Yup. "Working as Intended" I believe is the phrase they like to use?

You have to manage your heat better, or "BOOM".

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Picture not working for me, but when you shut down from overheating, yes you can blow yourself up. The heat slowly damages your CT internals.

However, your "death" screen should read "Death by Overheating". I can not see your shot (which I presume is a "death" screen) to see what it says to confirm.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Posted Image
Here's his picture. Engine destroyed.

Friends don't let friends overheat and blow up their engines.

#6 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 21 October 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Posted Image
Here's his picture. Engine destroyed.

Friends don't let friends overheat and blow up their engines.

Picture still has a broken link for me.

But, if it says "Engine Destroyed", then it wasn't by "overheat" then. That could be a bug displaying the cause of death, but it was probably caused from overheating as far as I can tell at the moment. Or someone got a quick shot off and killed you somehow... Does it say who did the kill?

#7 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

If you are linking the picture from your computer, it won't show on the website.
You have to upload the image to a website like photobucket or the like first.

#8 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

use imgur.com its free and no sign up needed.

wouldn't it be great if there was some tutorial that explained about over heating and killing yourself? i feel so bad for the new players, there is no official info to be found on this game and how it works anywhere.

but we are here for you B)

#9 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 22 October 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

use imgur.com its free and no sign up needed.

wouldn't it be great if there was some tutorial that explained about over heating and killing yourself? i feel so bad for the new players, there is no official info to be found on this game and how it works anywhere.

but we are here for you B)

Not to be mean, but it's basic mechwarrior lore that you can overheat yourself to death. Though I will agree with you about more information being readily available with more ease for newer players, and people who are not as aware of BT as a whole.

On the flip side, they are actively working on tutorials still, and I do think/hope that overheating and damage caused by overheating will be explained in more depth at some point.

#10 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostTesunie, on 22 October 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Not to be mean, but it's basic mechwarrior lore that you can overheat yourself to death. Though I will agree with you about more information being readily available with more ease for newer players, and people who are not as aware of BT as a whole.

On the flip side, they are actively working on tutorials still, and I do think/hope that overheating and damage caused by overheating will be explained in more depth at some point.

well thats exactly it isnt it? there are alot of people who dont know squat about the lore.

they really dont need to make a in game tutorial, just a thread with images and stuff (heck ill make one) i would much rather they work on CW and ui2.0 and lobbies B)

#11 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 22 October 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

well thats exactly it isnt it? there are alot of people who dont know squat about the lore.

they really dont need to make a in game tutorial, just a thread with images and stuff (heck ill make one) i would much rather they work on CW and ui2.0 and lobbies B)

Problem, there are threads and information posts on the forums already (made by the devs too in many cases) that don't get looked over at all.

Now, I'm not saying that it is a bad idea or anything to make another thread about it, but what I am basically saying is none of this information is exactly hidden nor hard to find if you know where to look. The problem is that you have to know to look in the first place, and then you have to know where to look. The search function isn't always helpful in helping you find what you are looking for.

A few places many people should look over is "FAQ" sub-forum, just to start. Then there is always the "New player help" forum section, as well as the "Guides and Strategies" section as well. There is also the option of reading through the past patch notes in "Announcements" or other information explained in the "Command Chair" section.

What we need is all of this off the forums (well, keep it here, but...) and added directly into the game somehow... Don't ask me how it should be added into the game. From my experience, most people with problems with in game mechanics tend to be people who never looked at the forums till "such and such" happened to them.

To Summarize, I agree with you, but the information is out there if you look. Should be made easier to find or more detailed in places.

#12 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Spoiler

iv been saying the same thing since i started playing this game 8+ months ago. everything is hard to find and yep search button [redacted].

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 22 October 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#13 Name113995

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

Thank you all for informations. On picture was "Killed by IvanMolnar" that confused me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users