#21 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

View PostEnoch Xarr, on 22 October 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

Why would I want to play a game where the punishment for idiotic behavior is so menial as to be completely ineffective. I just played a round where 4 members of my team attacked and killed me for absolutely no reason. (Or rather rearranging the lances which is something perfectly legit to do.) Team killing should result in a massive C-bill loss not the trivial 10k you lose now. In matches where getting 100k is common a 10k penalty certain is no deterrent to idiocy. Moronic behavior like this should hurt the idiots way more than the victims and that is certainly not the case as I only received 25k for the round when my harassers will have certainly gained more for that. I have screen shots of one of the morons in question is there a way I can turn him in for harassing me?

don't rearrange the lances on pubs, no one wants it.

#22 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 22 October 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

Well. PGI will hopefully fix it in the next patch or two. Until then people worried about the 'TK' variety of in-game harassment, should remember to ask before they alter lance compositions. Usually you'll get guys nice enough to ask you to put them back where they are, but this is the internet and you're sure as heck gonna run into guys who are more than willing to display their displeasure with a few AC20's in your rear.

Whatever your intention the action of moving their lance about can be perceived as harassment. And thus your eventual fate as a team-killed husk near your base was ultimately a consequence of your actions.

So Ask!

Well since I rarely take command, I don't have to worry much about those consequences personally, but it is unfortunately true that there are people who will respond as poorly as shooting teammates. A real shame, since that firepower could be used for so many better things, like supporting the greater good... :blink:
But yes, asking is always a good idea when you plan on altering the team's grouping. I've actually been on the receiving end of a group-displacement a few times. Everyone else on my group got really angry... >w>

#23 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Taking command is fine, so long as you are going to "take command" and issue orders, it will give the whole TEAM a marginally better chance at winning. If the commander groups his mechs at his disposal rather then leaving the 4man of mismatched weightclasses together and making do it will be a much better match.

Sadly I have yet to see a great commander who issues orders.

If you are a 4man dont want to be broken up you are already OP so take command yourself and issue orders to the puggies to go along with your plan.

#24 Father Tork

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

I've often been moved around by Enoch... which is annoying when in a premade group... especially when your reasoning is generally along the lines of "putting the similar weight classes together", even when i get swapped out for another guy in the same weight class...

Now with that being said, Although I've never team killed for it, I have plinked the offender in the back with a shot or two to show my frustration, and accordingly I grab Command as soon as possible just to avoid being split from my buddies in future matches.

#25 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,622 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Why would I want to play a game where the punishment for idiotic behavior is so menial as to be completely ineffective. I just played a round where 4 members of my team attacked and killed me for absolutely no reason. (Or rather rearranging the lances which is something perfectly legit to do.) Team killing should result in a massive C-bill loss not the trivial 10k you lose now. In matches where getting 100k is common a 10k penalty certain is no deterrent to idiocy. Moronic behavior like this should hurt the idiots way more than the victims and that is certainly not the case as I only received 25k for the round when my harassers will have certainly gained more for that. I have screen shots of one of the morons in question is there a way I can turn him in for harassing me?

Hint: Don't screw lances without asking, that's harassing!

#26 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

I just played a round where 4 members of my team attacked and killed me for absolutely no Perfectly Great reasons. (Or rather rearranging the lances which is something perfectly legit to do THAT SHOULD ONLY BE DONE AFTER ASKING.) Moronic behavior like this should hurt the idiots who rearrange lances without asking!

There I fixed OP for him as apparently he doesn't understand just who was performing the moronic action.

#27 Wookiemart

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

The fact that moving people around in the current state of the game does not accomplish a darn thing, not withstanding. I don't think that TK is the solution to getting the message across to these selfrighteous "commanders".

What I do if the"commander" will not put me back in my premade lance is to quit the game with a friendly wave, often my lance mates will follow me out in support.

So by acting in a juvenile fashion and not respecting the wishes of a premade to be left intact, the"commander" has sabotaged the entire round by losing a third of the battallion before the round even started.

So my advice to you is, until there is a clear and valuable reason to moving players arround in a PUG team why don't you leave them alone. The team killing will stop for you and you will have helped give the team a fighting chance instead of alienating everyone.

#28 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Yes TK is unacceptable, but just don't rearrange lances unless you ASK FIRST. Its a common courtesy and people deserve that at least, even if they are TKing dirtbags.

#29 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

View PostMech The Dane, on 22 October 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

When a person takes company command and disrupts your 4man premade and then patently refuses to put your premade back together. Just kill him and take company command for yourself and put your premade back together.

What's the problem here?

View PostMech The Dane, on 22 October 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

Oooooh. I thought this thread was how to deal with in-game harassment. When, ya know, randoms mess up your premade and refuse to fix it.

That's just my suggestion for how to deal with that kind of harassment, purely hypothetical. Quickest way to end the harassment.

Just picking this one out, before I close the thread...

If you teamkill because you got re-organized and your company commander is unwilling to put you back, you are in violation of the rules for griefing. If you teamkill for any reason you are in violation of the griefing rules.

Now to the final words in this thread...
If you come across someone in game violating the code of conduct or the associated uniform code of mechwarrior justice, please report them to support@mwomercs.com.
If available include in your report the following information:
- name of the player(s) violating the rules
- map played
- date, time and timezone
- type of violation
- other players involved (witnesses)
- screenshots
- links to video or other media material that might be helpfull

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users