Summoner 70t
Timber Wolf 75t
---------
Gargoyle 80t
Warhawk 85t
Executioner 95t
Dire Wolf 100t

Round 1:
The Light has to be fast, on par with the Spider. Fire Moth or Mist Lynx.
The Medium has to a reliable allrounder. Nova, Stooping Hawk or Stormcrow.
The Heavy, well, has to be Timberwolf for fandom reasons.
The Assault has to be a king of the battlefield, with huge firepower. Warhawk or Dire Wolf

Round 2:
The Stooping Hawk is a very rare model, developed by Clan Blood Spirit, so it's out.
The Warhawk has a Targeting Computer, which would be too much bother to implement on top of the Clans.
Both are out.

Round 3:
One jumper is enough.

That leaves two possible starter-kits:
Fire Moth + Nova + Timber Wolf + Dire Wolf
Mist Lynx + Stormcrow + Timber Wolf + Dire Wolf

I think, the first starter-kit is better.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

Light- Adder
Medium- Nova
Heavy-Summoner or Timber Wolf
Assault- Warhawk or Dire Wolf

#3 rdmgraziel

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

They could also just use Clan Mechs that AREN'T Omnimechs as the 4 starter ones. I'm not as familar with those but they do exist and could be the inital Clan mechs, as they'd be easier to implement to start with given that OmniMechs are innately different than BattleMechs.

Examples:

Hunchback IIC
Kodiak

#4 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

You're lack of Horned Owl, Hellhound, Grizzly, and Stone Rhino disturbs me. :|

#5 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostVolt Opt Construct, on 28 October 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

You're lack of Horned Owl, Hellhound, Grizzly, and Stone Rhino disturbs me. :|

Just gimme a Stone Rhino and I will change my Faction an switch my name to Barbie! :)

#6 rdmgraziel

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

How would they do the Stone Rhino anyway? Didn't it fire both Gauss Rifles out of the dorsal barrel somehow? Additionally, it unfortunately only has 1 variant within the timeline. Stone Rhino 2 requires tech that doesn't come out til 3059 at minimum.

That said, I'd love to see a terrifying standard engine 100 tonner with jumpjets and 2 Gauss 2 Large Pulse Lasers complete with Atlas-grade armor.

#7 XtopheleS

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

I disagree with the assertion that the first light mech introduced has to be "fast", at least in its vanilla form. Currently the vanilla commandos are super slow, but as soon as you throw an XL240 in them they really shine (and are as fast as anything else out there, including a locust). The same might be the case with a clan mech. I think PGI has shown that they're not averse to putting up ineffective, gimped variants. It's up to the players to make them amazing.

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

I wants the Adder, and I wants it NAO. People get mad enough about Jenners or Spiders with a lone PPC, just imagine the rage that a 30 damage, pinpoint, long-range alpha from a light would cause...

#9 rdmgraziel

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

So you're saying the first Clan light will be the UrbanMech IIC?

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

View Postrdmgraziel, on 28 October 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

How would they do the Stone Rhino anyway? Didn't it fire both Gauss Rifles out of the dorsal barrel somehow? Additionally, it unfortunately only has 1 variant within the timeline. Stone Rhino 2 requires tech that doesn't come out til 3059 at minimum.

That said, I'd love to see a terrifying standard engine 100 tonner with jumpjets and 2 Gauss 2 Large Pulse Lasers complete with Atlas-grade armor.

IIRC the Gauss were arm mounts an the Lrg Pulse were torso mounts.

#11 rdmgraziel

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 28 October 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Stone_Rhino

"The design featured Large Pulse Lasers in each arm, twin Gauss Rifles in the torsos fired through the dorsal barrel, and an almost superfluous Small Pulse Laser located just below the cockpit. The Stone Rhino also sported an interesting feature; each arm contained a retractable, shock-absorbing cowl covering the weapon barrels. This allowed MechWarriors to use the arms as battering rams without damaging the weaponry."

#12 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 28 October 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

Record sheet: http://bte.battletec...te/pdf/5746.pdf

The LPL are in the arms and each side torso carries one Gauss.

#13 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

I'm thinking Fire Moth + Nova + Timber Wolf + Dire Wolf, If It had to be out of this list.

#14 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Adder would be an interesting light, but I would put my bets on the Firemoth, Kit Fox, or Mist Lynx, and lean towards the Kit Fox as it is a mid weight light mech.

Medium seems like a toss up between the Nova and the Stormcrow. Honestly, could go either way about equally.

Heavy is any of the big four, Hellbringer, Mad Dog, Timber Wolf, Summoner. Timber Wolf is likely as they already have it stomping around their test servers.

Assault is difficult. It would make sense to put out the Dire Wolf as it is as big as it gets, but the firepower on it is beyond insanity. Meanwhile, the Warhawk is going to be suffering tremendously due to the current heat system and may be barely functional. Hard call here.

#15 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

base package:
Kit Fox
Stormcrow
Timberwolf
Dire Wolf
+
reinforcement package:
Mad Dog
Summoner

Possible names:
20$ - Valor
40$ - Strenght
60$ - Honor
80$ - Crusade

This assuming they will offer Clan pack in the very same way of Project Phoenix.

But i wonder if they will be glad to sell a pack only to the Clan players, assuming IS pilots will not be able to have Omnimechs or at least not so easily.. :)
Another problem is: if Omnimechs are not supposed to have variants, what should be their unique characteristics, aside from a loyalty/honor bonus?

After the Clan pack

Edited by CyclonerM, 28 October 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

View Postrdmgraziel, on 28 October 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Stone_Rhino

"The design featured Large Pulse Lasers in each arm, twin Gauss Rifles in the torsos fired through the dorsal barrel, and an almost superfluous Small Pulse Laser located just below the cockpit. The Stone Rhino also sported an interesting feature; each arm contained a retractable, shock-absorbing cowl covering the weapon barrels. This allowed MechWarriors to use the arms as battering rams without damaging the weaponry."

View PostFupDup, on 28 October 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Record sheet: http://bte.battletec...te/pdf/5746.pdf

The LPL are in the arms and each side torso carries one Gauss.

Thank you gents... My Stone Rhino was arm and Torso mounted Gauss an torso mounted ERPPCs!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 28 October 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#17 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Nothing is off the table, remember. This is a reboot. In this battletech universe "omni" may just not exist, in which case we would see mechs for sale like "Timber Wolf PRIME," "Timber Wolf ALPHA," etc. Each variant treated like the IS variants.

#18 rdmgraziel

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

Well, BattleMechs can (technically) swap out most of their weapons for different but similar weapons due to how the computer/targetting systems work (which is why the Charger would be able to drop it's 400 standard engine to swap the small lasers with medium or large lasers but the computer systems would have to change to let it use an autocannon). But doing so is expensive and time consuming. In-game, this is all instant of course but the costs still apply.

OmniMechs are different, in that the engine and structure and even armor can't be changed, but all the weapons are in OmniPods which can be swapped with any other Omnipod.

Example of the comparison:
The Awesome 8Q as a BattleMech has 7 Energy-only Hardpoints, but can upgrade/change the engine, armor, and structure.
The Awesome 8Q as an OmniMech would simply have 7 hardpoints which could be used for whichever weapons you like.

The Timberwolf doesn't have Variants as a result, just a few different sets of common loadout configurations, with Prime being the default.

Edited by rdmgraziel, 28 October 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#19 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

My thinking is that:
  • the Mad Cat and the Daishi would/will undoubtedly be the best sellers of the Clan 'Mechs on an individual basis,
  • a substantial number of people will buy a "Clan Founders Pack" regardless of which 'Mechs are included, and
  • the the number of people that wouldn't buy a "Clan Founders Pack" because either or both the Mad Cat or the Daishi aren't included within it is likely to be so small relative to the likely number of purchases as to be marginal.
As such, there is arguably a good chance that it would be more profitable for PGI to include other 'Mechs (those that would still be desirable, but would not be top-tier sellers) together with the other likely perks (MC, premium time, paintjobs/medallions/other trinkets) in the pack (which, like the PP pack, will likely cost less than the sum of what all of the components would cost separately), then sell the top-tier sellers (e.g. Mad Cat and Daishi - the things that they know many will buy regardless of the price) as separate (and "full-price") units using the same format as the more recent 'Mechs (e.g. MC-only Hero 'Mech, then MC-only common versions after a 1-2 week interval, then the common versions for in-game currency after another 1-2 week interval).

Would you put it past PGI - or IGP - to come to similar conclusions? :blink: :ph34r:

As such, I would expect that the "Clan Founders' Pack" (which, IMO, would probably be structured more like Project Phoenix than like the original Founders Program, in terms of which 'Mechs are available at which purchase levels) would consist of the Koshi or the Uller for the Light 'Mech, the Fenris or the Black Hawk for the Medium 'Mech, the Vulture or the Thor for the Heavy 'Mech, and the Masakari or the Gladiator for the Assault 'Mech.

#20 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 28 October 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

As such, I would expect that the "Clan Founders' Pack" (which, IMO, would probably be structured more like Project Phoenix than like the original Founders Program, in terms of which 'Mechs are available at which purchase levels) would consist of the Koshi or the Uller for the Light 'Mech, the Fenris or the Black Hawk for the Medium 'Mech, the Vulture or the Thor for the Heavy 'Mech, and the Masakari or the Gladiator for the Assault 'Mech.

Neg. They know we all want the Timberwolf and they wil give it to us among the first Clan 'Mechs. For a price, of course. :blink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users