5 replies to this topic

#1 LtPoncho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

Looking to hook up with any former EA MPBT:3025 players whom were members of the Stealth Tigers, or any whom would be interested in revitalizing this unit.

http://www.sarna.net...Stealthy_Tigers

Fought some hard yards on the Marik front, hurt alot of Marik feelings, along with the occasional Kurita abuse. Best online experience, ever. Hardest thing to take when they cancelled it.

Looks like I can stop holding my breath finally.

Lt. Poncho, ST

.../Salute!

Edited by LtPoncho, 03 June 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

Weren't the Stealthy Tigers in payment of House Marik -> a way that finally will lead to the utterly destruction of the Stealth Tigers?

#3 LtPoncho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:24 AM

As the literature goes, you are 100% correct, however originally they were in contract to the LCAF.

The true context of the reference to this unit was the actual EA MPBT:3025 group of players who formed this unit under House Steiner. Anyone who was a part of the MPBT:3025 experience would understand the connection to the unit you fought under as that game was missing so much of the 'unit' mechanics that are available now. All we had was a unit 'Tag' to signify membership, and you had to work hard at keeping in contact with others. There were no discussion boards or PM or anything back then - either you were online or not, and email was the only reliable way to communicate outside of the 'sphere'.

That game spawned many dedicated players, so this thread is really a beacon for those fellow players who may find their way back.
It's been 11 years since then - anything can happen. I would hope they would have done the same thing, because my old unit would be the first thing I would look for. (Cpt. Ugly, Col. Seamus MacLeod - where are you?)

Otherwise, looks like I will be attending Conventry this summer and sign up. As appealing as running a Merc unit sounds from a Project Management perspective, I've always been a LCAF devotee, and prefer the dedication to a House over the fondness of a MPBT:3025 unit.

Edited by LtPoncho, 05 June 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#4 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

~S~ Poncho

Has it really been 11 years bro? Now, I'm pretty sure you don't know me, but I remember seeing your handle a lot back in the day, and of course the reputation of the Stealty Tigers can never fade from the memory of any pilot from that era. If you haven't yet, come on over to the House .com and sign up for the forums. I don't think I've seen any other Tigers, but it's a good place to start, and meet up with many old-timers as well.

#5 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

~Salute~ Poncho,

Got you signed up on House forums, welcome back! Feel free to post and reintroduce yourself to the crew! The Stealthy Tigers will roam again...

#6 LtPoncho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

While I understand through the "clearly laid out threads and posts" that Canon units will not be available to players at launch, this thread is really to serve for those like myself who've discovered MW:O and were affiliated to the MPBT:3025 Stealthy Tigers unit as a junction to touch base and reconnect.

I'm just glad to know House Steiner is a choice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users