- - - - -

Setting Up To Play Mwo

2 replies to this topic

#1 Jyrish

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

HI im brand new to MWO, and i have created my account but my computer is not up to snuff. Now it is probably not recommended to use the computer i have to play this game but i wish to attempt it anyway, since i am quite certain i can make it work well. I have a emachine el1352g-01w "Compact" desktop computer. It needs a low profile graphics card, which means if i am able to get this to work it will probably run the game about midway between recommended and minimum requirements. If anyone has attempted something similar and has a graphics card that works well for this setup i wish to know. If not i wish for a recommendation of the best compatible low profile.
I have given the desktop a memory up grade to 2-2 gb ddr3 ram sticks, 400w mini itx power supply, and and a quad core duo processor.
I have researched a few but i have no experience with cards at all.Any help will be appreciated and can give more info if needed Thanks.
here are what i have found on NewEgg.com......

XFX One Radeon HD 5450 ON-XFX1-DLX2 Video Card

ASUS Radeon R7 240 R7240-2GD3-L Video Card

these two that i have found just might work but my understanding is limited, i wish to get as close to recommended as possible.

#2 Asano Banzai

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

View PostJyrish, on 23 October 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

HI im brand new to MWO, and i have created my account but my computer is not up to snuff. Now it is probably not recommended to use the computer i have to play this game but i wish to attempt it anyway, since i am quite certain i can make it work well. I have a emachine el1352g-01w "Compact" desktop computer. It needs a low profile graphics card, which means if i am able to get this to work it will probably run the game about midway between recommended and minimum requirements. If anyone has attempted something similar and has a graphics card that works well for this setup i wish to know. If not i wish for a recommendation of the best compatible low profile.
I have given the desktop a memory up grade to 2-2 gb ddr3 ram sticks, 400w mini itx power supply, and and a quad core duo processor.
I have researched a few but i have no experience with cards at all.Any help will be appreciated and can give more info if needed Thanks.
here are what i have found on NewEgg.com......

XFX One Radeon HD 5450 ON-XFX1-DLX2 Video Card

ASUS Radeon R7 240 R7240-2GD3-L Video Card

these two that i have found just might work but my understanding is limited, i wish to get as close to recommended as possible.

The R7 240 is about 3x more powerful than the 5450, unfortunately I cannot find any benchmarks or solid reviews for this card.

The best low profile card I found that would work on your system is this :

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814202002

That seems to be your best option.

#3 Thipequz

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

There is the LP 7750, but AMD currently have a new line called R7 and R9 cards. The AMD R7 240 is definately a low profile card, that would probably beat the previous AMD 7series cards. Just tap in google AMD R7 240 or AMD R7 250 (I believe they are both low profile cards, but not 100% sure of the 250). Only problem with cards like these, is that you are probably going above what the rest of your system will allow, you will probably find that your CPU and your hard drive cause bottlenecks in your system. However, as a relatively cost effective way of improving your system, you can't go too wrong with either of the above cards.

http://www.superbiiz...name=XFX-R725LH

This is a low profile R7 250, but it is fanless, (so I dunno how it does on the heat side of things), but it will obviously be extremely quiet, normally I wouldnt suggest this, especially as you have a compact desktop, so airflow in your machine will probably be pretty limited.

http://www.superbiiz...name=XFX-R725LF

This is the fan version, which if you don't mid the noise of a fan is probably your best option.

http://www.newegg.co...=r7%20250%20low

This is the newegg.com link to the same card (pretty much) I haven't used superbiizz.com so I dont know what there service is like, so thought I would add a slightly better supplier, although it is a few dollars more.

Edited by Thipequz, 25 October 2013 - 02:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users