4,8 And 12 Man Queues

13 replies to this topic

Poll: 4,8 and 12 man queues (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's with me?

1. yes i don' know why they took it out ? (31 votes [93.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.94%

2. no (2 votes [6.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 shufflechick

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 7 posts
  • Locationtn

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

I am starting a petition to add the 8 man queues to the 4 and 12 to allow more choices and for those who have more then four friends on to play with but do not have 12 or prefer to play 8 man. So if you are interested in this idea please comment or vote the more votes the better the chances for acknowledgement maybe the chance that hopefully they will do that.Thank you for listening.

Edited by shufflechick, 24 October 2013 - 05:40 AM.

#2 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

i've search twitter/ NGNG / facebook, and here in the forums, couldn't find an answer to why they took it out...

Adding a 8 man queue to the 4 man queue is essential.

4 mans will be able to better organize the battlefield along with 8 mans in preparation for dedicated 12 man groups

New players still have their own server,

Edited by SgtMaster, 24 October 2013 - 05:41 AM.

#3 XxShuffleKiddxX

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts
  • LocationKnoxville

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

Many benefits could accrue for both the gamer and PGI if 8 man groups were to be reinstalled. Quite possibly the 8 man drops would entice more people to consider joining the 12 man drops eventually. The current 12 man drops are difficult and dominated by a few groups, which tends to discourage newer players from joining by virtue of the fact that it isn't much fun to get stomped repeatedly. Becoming used to 8 man co-ordinated drops will eventually lead to more 12 man groups as skill levels and coordination among lances gets better, I look forward to the reinstallment of the 8 man groups as soon as possible. Good hunting!

#4 FinsT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

Voted yes, but i wish the poll would be more clear. Do we vote for being able to drop as a group of exactly 8 people, - or do we vote to be able to drop as a group of _up to_ 8 people (so, 5, 6, 7 or 8)? Me, i want the latter much more than the former.

#5 Epic Fail

• PipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 82 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostFinsT, on 24 October 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

Voted yes, but i wish the poll would be more clear. Do we vote for being able to drop as a group of exactly 8 people, - or do we vote to be able to drop as a group of _up to_ 8 people (so, 5, 6, 7 or 8)? Me, i want the latter much more than the former.

Good point. I would like to see 1 lance +(2pug), 2 Lance (+1 pug) and a 12 man system in place.

Alternate would be weight limits on 12 mans as of now, 8 assaults two heavy snipers and 2 lights is a worthless system.

#6 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

No group limit. 4 or 12 drop chokes community growth and sends people off to other games with no limits.

#7 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

4 and 8 man queues would be awesome. Please remove the player restrictions as well. It sucks when there are 4 guys online and a fifth shows up, and he can't join us.

#8 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

well, the 8 man programming and elo and all that is already done/ just copy paste/ add...

as for 1 to 12, i do not know, is it like the 1-4, perhaps just as simple,
either way, there is a need for the in between brackets.

Edited by SgtMaster, 25 October 2013 - 03:15 AM.

#9 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

You got my support.

#10 Ghozst37

Rookie

• Overlord
  • 1 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

bump

#11 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostDozier, on 24 October 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

No group limit. 4 or 12 drop chokes community growth and sends people off to other games with no limits.

QFT

#12 Yoko Kurama

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostDozier, on 24 October 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

I agree! There is nothing worse than having a 4-man and two others come in but they can't join the group. Attempting sync-drops can be tricky at the best times and nearly impossible at the worst, making trying to play with more than 3 friends or fewer than 11 friends in the same match incredibly frustrating. Opening up the limitations on group sizes to 2-12 people would be the ideal solution.

To address the OP, I still voted yes for 8-man drops. Rather have fewer group restrictions if I can't have zero group restrictions.

#13 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

I'd like to see a 5-8 man group tab and then have an 8 man group tab as well. So to clarify 5-8 with still drop in the normal pug drops with random fills to get the team up to 12 players then the reinstallation of 8 man comp drops to fight another 8 man comp instead of just a 12 vs 12 comp team as we have now

#14 SilverStarDragon

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIn your mech's blind spot

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

I agree! I have wondered why the 8 man was randomly not an option but 12 man was. :(
I guess something that is a downfall however is if you have 2/3 of the team coordinated, one lance of random players get a bit excluded from tactic exchange an such.
More positives than negatives though, so hopefully we will get the 8 man team later in the game. :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users