Faction Rewards/events

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ainthe

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

I was playing another game which was running a faction-type event and I found the similarity to Battletech faction play to be similar. Would love to see PGI doing something along these lines in the future.

https://warframe.com...radivus-dilemma

Key points:

1] It is a timed event.
2] Rewards are given for participation. [ie. win or lose]
3] Rewards are given for length of participation [ie. number of games]
4] Rewards are differentiated based on the faction you are supporting.
5] Rewards are given regardless of being on the winning or losing side.

And lastly, their is the Battle Pay concept, every mission both faction offers rewards as an incentive to fight for their side. Even if a faction has been losing, it is very easy for the Devs to offer better Battle Pay for the losing side. While there are loyalists with every faction, when one side is offering a brand new 'Mech.and the other side only gives salvage, there will be enough players that follow the pay.

#2 Noth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

That is essentially what community warfare will be

#3 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostNoth, on 24 October 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

That is essentially what community warfare will be

yes but he is talking about having specific events within CW that offer rewards to participants. I could see this happening to replay specific battles and conflicts that happened historically within the lore. So like we could replay battles that we read about in the novels and such with the participants being limited to whatever factions were involved. So, for example, the Battle of Tukayyid forces could muster and fight for their side with history hanging in the balance. The participants could obtain rewards and the winners obtain cool cockpit items that show they participated in that particular battle and such. This would be an awesome idea in my opinion and give players a greater sense of immersion and that their actions actually really do affect the universe we are playing in

#4 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostAinthe, on 24 October 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

3] Rewards are given for length of participation [ie. number of games]

I can see this being a problem. With the Tournaments that MWO has had already the first thing people complain about is that "People who can play 24 hours a day have an advantage" or something like that.

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostLauLiao, on 24 October 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

I can see this being a problem. With the Tournaments that MWO has had already the first thing people complain about is that "People who can play 24 hours a day have an advantage" or something like that.

and? People are going to complain regardless. You can't let people like that dictate having fun and interesting events like this. the "wah I don't have the time to play and it's not fair because that guy does" argument is completely irrelevant. You can't please all of the people all of the time..... I shouldn't be told I can't have fun participating in an event like this simply because someone else can't be there to participate. Can you imagine if that mentality were applied to all things in life? Sporting events, concerts, etc.? Even if you simply applied that mentality any time a game has a double exp weekend or some such. "That's unfair because I was busy this weekend and missed out" isn't a reason to not do things like this. Please don't take this as a personal attack I'm merely pointing out that that is no reason not to have events like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users