Cn - How To Use The Uac5 Effectively

9 replies to this topic

#1 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

This video is to created to help players having issues with the UAC5. This video covers the best way to use UAC5 and offers tips and tricks on how to maximize the UAC5's potential.

Any additional questions or feedback you may have feel free to post it up here and I will do my best to address them to the best of my ability.

-Crow

Edited by Carrioncrows, 24 October 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#2 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Good video. I've just started using it recently and still am having some difficulty getting the most out of it.

For future videos, you've really got to do something about the volume. Watching this video with Youtube volume maxed plus internal speakers on my laptop maxed is about as loud as if I played the actual game at one-tenth the internal speaker volume.

#3 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Volume is a bit low but good data. I'd only add that a Single UAC5 is kind of useless. It really shines in pairs and triplets. Still nice video, nice presentation, solid data.

#4 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 24 October 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Good video. I've just started using it recently and still am having some difficulty getting the most out of it.

For future videos, you've really got to do something about the volume. Watching this video with Youtube volume maxed plus internal speakers on my laptop maxed is about as loud as if I played the actual game at one-tenth the internal speaker volume.

New video is being loaded as we speak. It will replace the old above.

View PostscJazz, on 24 October 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Volume is a bit low but good data. I'd only add that a Single UAC5 is kind of useless. It really shines in pairs and triplets. Still nice video, nice presentation, solid data.

Really? see I feel it is best used in a singular nature rather than multiples. Unless you are adept at controlling all 3 the jam chance will grind your DPS down to a halt in which case utilizing the regular AC5 is a much better option whereas so long as you can man handle the singular UAC5 it will always do more damage than the AC5 because you are there to baby it and time your shots correctly.

Edited by Carrioncrows, 24 October 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#5 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Nice vid Carrion. Good stuff.

#6 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Updated with new video.

#7 HammerHawk

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Great job Carrion! Enjoyed watching the video and you gave some very valid pointers.

#8 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostscJazz, on 24 October 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostCarrioncrows, on 24 October 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Really? see I feel it is best used in a singular nature rather than multiples.

Multiples let you send dizzying amounts of firepower downrange - if you are lucky with the jamming.
Singles make somewhat better for hit-and-run IMO, since you are only juggling the one jam.

Edit: I use a single on my Centurion-D, using his speed to get me back into cover when it jams.
I use 2 AC5 on my Atlas-DDC - though I have been tempted to try 2 UAC5 for the better DPS - the more consistent nature of the AC5 is probably better there... or not?

Edited by Shar Wolf, 24 October 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#9 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

I swear my UAC always jams on the first shot....

#10 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 October 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Multiples let you send dizzying amounts of firepower downrange - if you are lucky with the jamming.
Singles make somewhat better for hit-and-run IMO, since you are only juggling the one jam.

Edit: I use a single on my Centurion-D, using his speed to get me back into cover when it jams.
I use 2 AC5 on my Atlas-DDC - though I have been tempted to try 2 UAC5 for the better DPS - the more consistent nature of the AC5 is probably better there... or not?

If you are willing to baby both the cannons and Tap Tap Tap they will both work out just fine. But generally people get distracted or panic and mash down on the key trying to get it to perform and bust out a series of shells.

And people tend to have a lot of weapons on their mech so they can't devote the attention required to baby the shots because they have all these other weapon groups. If that's the case then AC5's are for you. But if you can afford the time and attention the UAC5's will perform better for you

View PostIron Harlequin, on 24 October 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

I swear my UAC always jams on the first shot....

Because you are holding down the trigger.

I have no proof of this besides my own observations but this is the way the UAC5 seems to work.

When you hold down the button the game checks to see if the gun jams 4 times every second.

so
1. Fire's first shot
2. checks to see if weapon jams
3. checks to see if weapon jams - Double rate shot fires
4. checks to see if weapon jams
5. checks to see if weapon jams
6. Weapon is cycled and next shot is fired.

So by holding down the trigger you are needlessly rolling on the RNG table more times than is necessary where as if you "Tap

1. Fires shot and you let go of key.
2. Zero chance to jam
3. checks to see if weapons jams - Double Rate shot is fired
4. Zero chance to jam
5. Zero chance to jam
6. Weapon is cycled and next shot is fired.

So by using the Tap method you are really only rolling a 20% chance to jam, Once. But if you hold it down there are 4 different times that it has a potential to jam on you.

Like I said I have no proof but the my observations seem to correlate to this theory.

Edited by Carrioncrows, 24 October 2013 - 11:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users