#1 Roper Band

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

I know MW4 had this, does this game default to your recommended settings or do you have to tweak them?

#2 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

The best way I have found, and it really only starting workign a weeks or so ago, around the time the Pheonix mechs came out. If you have an Nvidia card, download the Geforce Experience, it will read what's on your PC and Optimize it to your best available settings. They did something with the graphics in MWO lately or the newest Nvidia drivers (This program will also keep your drivers up to date), becuase before Pheonix my optimizations were all at Medium on a Nvidia 650ti boost, now they are all at very high, I wouldn't have noticed anything to change them if I wasn't messing around with the app and it said I could raise my optimal levels.

If your PC is below specs, that is when you need to head to the support forums, back in Closed Beta I was always in and out of there and they are really good at helping. Try it out on the lowest setting then hop into training grounds, test it, then raise them slowly, then fine tune more as you play regularly.

As for 'Autoconfig' Last time I installed the game was the switch from Closed to Open beta, and I believe the default was medium, setting 2.

Edited by Ronyn, 25 October 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#3 Roper Band

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 83 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, it says I can't run optimization because I only have a Dual Core AMD Opteron 275. :)

I'll mess with the settings.

#4 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Run the game with at least 40fps.. Anything lower is just asking to get farmed...

#5 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

Please ask such short questions here: Short Question - Short Answer
(is pinned on the first page)

#6 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostRonyn, on 25 October 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

The best way I have found, and it really only starting workign a weeks or so ago, around the time the Pheonix mechs came out. If you have an Nvidia card, download the Geforce Experience, it will read what's on your PC and Optimize it to your best available settings. They did something with the graphics in MWO lately or the newest Nvidia drivers (This program will also keep your drivers up to date), becuase before Pheonix my optimizations were all at Medium on a Nvidia 650ti boost, now they are all at very high, I wouldn't have noticed anything to change them if I wasn't messing around with the app and it said I could raise my optimal levels.

If your PC is below specs, that is when you need to head to the support forums, back in Closed Beta I was always in and out of there and they are really good at helping. Try it out on the lowest setting then hop into training grounds, test it, then raise them slowly, then fine tune more as you play regularly.

As for 'Autoconfig' Last time I installed the game was the switch from Closed to Open beta, and I believe the default was medium, setting 2.

that's funny, my GeForce experience app tells me that MWO cannot be optimized... though I have a gtx 560 ti...

#7 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 26 October 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

that's funny, my GeForce experience app tells me that MWO cannot be optimized... though I have a gtx 560 ti...

Mine told me the same thing until I updated to the newest driver. GeForce R331(331.58). Now On a 650ti Boost and AMD 6300 six-core I'm running at full optimization. I never knew the missles looked so cool when they melt your mech :P

Edited by Ronyn, 26 October 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#8 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

I have the same driver and it keeps telling me mwo can't be optimized.... guess my quadcore cpu isn't manly enough

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users