[Suggestion] Hold A Camo Design Contest

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Camo Contest (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the idea of holding a community contest for camo patterns?

1. Yes (10 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

Let the community show off its own creativity by releasing templates, allowing players to show off their own designs, and ultimately vote to determine what designs get chosen to be implemented in game.

#2 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

Seems reasonable to me, I think some of the community are already doing something similar to this already by photo shopping the artwork that PGI releases.

The one thing that makes PC games stand above all others is the talent of the community and their willingness to create new stuff for games. All it takes is for the dev's to embrace that willingness rather than shun it like some seem to do.

Just take a look at Star Citizen and their next great starship competition. They saw how involved the community is and decided to give them a chance to utilize their talents to build a full spaceship. That kind of thing need to happen in more PC games.

#3 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

Completely agreed, Carralis. If you involve your community in the creative process, they're likely to be heavily invested in the results.

#4 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

this and being able to design logos and such were suggested way back in CB. I'd still love to see it though. My original idea was to have players with some artistic ability be able to design custom logos for units and pay an MC fee to upload them. They could then have a marketplace where they put them up for sale. They could put them up for c-bills (not sale them for MC) This promotes the purchase of MC and adds another way for players to earn c-bills in the economy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users