Artillery And Airstrike - Remove Red Smoke, Add Warning, Increase Duration

2 replies to this topic

#1 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

Artillery and Airstrikes have had some recent buffs, but I haven't seen/heard/noticed any change in their use.

These are meant to be Area Denial weapons, but they currently don't deny squat.

My suggestion would be to remove the Red Smoke and replace it with a HUD warning for mechs in the vicinity. This forces people to scramble instead of simply stepping away from the marker.

Also, significantly increase the duration (and number of shells) of the Artillery strike in order to effectively cut off the area for several seconds, not just for the short time that it takes for the shells to be delivered.

Finally, amp up the Airstrike by allowing it to target mechs near the designated area. Even if they aren't accurate more than 50% of the time, the chance to actually hit something would make the module useful.

#2 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

I would love to see artillery increased in the number of shells but reduce the damage, keep it raining for 5-10 seconds would be awesome.

Also I want to be able to TARGET FROM THE MAP.... and artillery air strikes are still useless because you need LOS to use it and that defeats the main purpose for it. It would also give the people complaining about base caps a new tool. rain fire on a cap point to deny the enemy the chance to cap for 10 secs or so while you have time to get there... more tactical possibilities...

#3 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

No smoke, no warning. The enemy should never be told they are being fired on until they get hit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users