#1 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Greetings,

First I want to thank PGI for the updates to nearly all of the game models allowing for weapons to look different when equipped. This adds to realism to a degree, among other things (allowing target identification under ECM etc).

With that said, I have two requests:

1. With the release of the "Boar's Head" it is evident that it is possible, if not already implemented, to place energy hard points on the top of the Atlas' arms.
My request: Please place the first energy hard point equipped on the arms on all Atlas models (and subsequently all Griffin models) on the top of the arms, not the sides. This is battle tech cannon already ([Atlas], [Griffin]) so I don't feel that this is such an extreme request.

The reason: Having wide firing points causes many shots to go into the backs of allies who aren't even visible on the screen, or interposing terrain. Narrowing this, even by a small amount would be preferable. Additionally, firing over simple low-terrain (such as the buildings at the lower city spawn point on River City) is another issue with all Atlas models, and this would help alleviate this, albeit only slightly.

2. Allow players the ability, for all mechs, to somehow choose which hard point a weapon is equipped to. This would allow people to use the highest energy mount on the Battlemaster first, etc. This request could be more difficult to accomplish, as there doesn't seem to be any pre-existing code that supports it, but it would be nice.

The reason: Greater control over customization.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users