- - - - -

Any Way To Reset Stats?

8 replies to this topic

#1 IronWave

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

Is there any way to reset your stats? I have only been at this a week and my K/D is pritty bad, and I mean bad.

#2 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

Start a new account?

In all seriousness, everyone starts out with dodgy stats when they first get into the game. It's a matter of practice, reading forums & watching videos to help improve your play. Spend time in the testing grounds, get used to the maps, your mech, weapons and their firing groups, heat generation etc and you'll find your stats will start pulling round in time.

#3 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:55 AM

View PostIronWave, on 26 October 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

Is there any way to reset your stats? I have only been at this a week and my K/D is pritty bad, and I mean bad.

Noone will see it other than you, so don't sweat it.

Further, it's not really a kill/death ratio, it's actually a ''got the lucky last kill shot / died'' ratio. And it's hugely influenced by factors outside of a player's control - the capability of the other people on your team, the quality of your enemy, whether you're levelling Assaults vs Mediums, whether you're PUGing vs part of a coordinated premade, etc

So it's quite meaningless.

If you want to develop your MWO e-peen, monitor your average damage per match, per class of Mech.

Edited by Appogee, 26 October 2013 - 03:01 AM.

#4 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

Way back they said there was going to be a stat wipe with the new form of achivements, I assume if they still plan to do this it will come after UI 2.0 or when community warfare rolls out

Edited by MonkeyCheese, 26 October 2013 - 03:47 AM.

#5 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

IN recent interview they stated that there are no plans to wipe anything. The only wipe was when closed beta became open beta.

Anyway, please ask such short questions here: Short Question - Short Answer
(is pinned on the first page)

#6 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

As Appogee said, it's a private stat, and since this is a team based game, no one really care. Also, farming KDR tends to lead to activities that will negatively impact your W/L ratio as what is good for the individual is not usually good for the team.

Oh and you won't get into a good group based on your KDR, but your overall performance.

#7 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostDenolven, on 26 October 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

IN recent interview they stated that there are no plans to wipe anything. The only wipe was when closed beta became open beta.

Anyway, please ask such short questions here: Short Question - Short Answer
(is pinned on the first page)

We all know you like your pinned thread. if people don't want to use it, they don't have to. Backseat moderation is not allowed. The new player forums are there so new players can ask questions. if they want to start a new thread, they have that ability.

To The OP. The stat is private, no one will see it and even if you tell it to someone or copy/paste it, there is no way to verify. It's your stat, don't sweat it. Everyone starts out low and slowly gets higher.

#8 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostRonyn, on 27 October 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

We all know you like your pinned thread. if people don't want to use it, they don't have to. Backseat moderation is not allowed. The new player forums are there so new players can ask questions. if they want to start a new thread, they have that ability.

To The OP. The stat is private, no one will see it and even if you tell it to someone or copy/paste it, there is no way to verify. It's your stat, don't sweat it. Everyone starts out low and slowly gets higher.

So it's wrong for him to tell people about a resource that the actual mods though was a good idea, but ok for you to tell him to stop.

This word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

#9 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Nope, I'm just as wrong as he is, but I am also not nearly the first to insist he needs to stop trolling new players threads with saying their post belong in his thread. They asked a question AND in the correct place to begin with.

His thread IS a big help, now with nearly 10 pages of info. However, nagging at new players to post ALL questions there is over the top, check the threads below this one if you don't believe me.

Edited by Ronyn, 27 October 2013 - 04:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users