Module Prices

2 replies to this topic

#1 Thoren Wolf

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIdaho,USA

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Seriously, I can see paying high cbills for an xl engine but 2 million for a scope, 6 million for a seismic, or 2 million for a sensor module? For those three items alone you could buy 2 medium mechs. If they were like mechs where you could use MC to purchase them as well it would make sense. However, price gouging modules are ridiculously overpriced. These need to be reduced, they are small items that fit in a mech, not a mech itself.

Edited by Lakota Wolf, 27 October 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

yes, but we must remember that the actual mech chasis doesn't make up too much of a mechs worth. For example, in battletech its almost completely normal for most lights engines to be worth more than the mech. The sum worth of its parts greatly exceeds that of the mech. Modules....well, can't really seem them being priced that high if they were in battletech, but i've always seen it as the devs making them more expensive as sort of a balancing feature. Personally, i'm just fine with the way that it is right now.

#3 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

You only have to buy a module one time and you can move it to whatever mech you are currently using. By the time you get enough GXP to unlock a module, you should have enough c-bills to buy it. Unless you use a lot of MC to convert exp, it really shouldn't be an issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users