Greetings to the Warriors of House Liao

276 replies to this topic

#161 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:23 PM

View PostCong Min Voronkov, on 26 December 2011 - 09:00 AM, said:

I may not be the best shot ( couldn’t hit the broad side of a drop ship ) but I can do some scouting for the team.
I look forward to serving House Liao from the shadows. ;)

Greetings. You're going to help me in Tikonov, aren't you? ;)

Rule n°1: If you want to scout, or sabotage topics of our enemies, don't use Liao banner as an avatar (I tried it and quess the outcome...). ;)

Edited by Adridos, 26 December 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#162 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

With over 19 years of piloting the light class, I hopefully will be invaluable to any scouting party. But do not let the fact that I pilot a mere light fool you: Long pitched battles might be favoured for the traditional heavy and assault 'mech pilots, but when you have had as much training as I have to use speed and terrain to your advantage, yiu will find that even a Raven is capable of bringing down a lance of 'mechs who underestimate the ferocity of its opponent.

"Together we Unite.
Together we Stand.
Together we Triumph."

Edited by Tifalia, 26 December 2011 - 03:46 PM.

#163 Cong Min Voronkov

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

View PostTifalia, on 26 December 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

you will find that even a Raven is capable of bringing down a lance of 'mechs who underestimate the ferocity of its opponent.

I’m also looking forward to finding out how much damage a tag system (from a scout mech) can bring to bear.

#164 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

View PostCong Min Voronkov, on 26 December 2011 - 09:00 AM, said:

I may not be the best shot ( couldn’t hit the broad side of a drop ship ) but I can do some scouting for the team.
I look forward to serving House Liao from the shadows. ;)

Welcome to MWO !! Cong Min >salute<

;)

#165 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

View PostCong Min Voronkov, on 26 December 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

I’m also looking forward to finding out how much damage a tag system (from a scout mech) can bring to bear.

Well, as long as they do not use system like in WoT (no sence to me), then you should be able to compete with Steiner scouting forces.

#166 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:47 AM

Developers said a lot about some info warfare - no idea what exactly is it, but it looks like a thing to make Atlas scouting lances less effective at least in scouting.

#167 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:58 AM

Lima you convincing some of the Russian units to help us retake Tikonov I hope :)

#168 Lima Zulu

• 1,971 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:10 AM

No idea what russian units will become - just take a look at ru forum - clan of this, clan of that, clan of somethingelse... Only Eridani Light Horse look like they have some ideas, all others just waiting clan invasion to flop over clan side. But due mercenary corps will be able to help factions in battles, I'll make some efforts to lure people under Capella Banners, be sure.

#169 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:39 AM

View PostLima Zulu, on 28 December 2011 - 04:10 AM, said:

No idea what russian units will become - just take a look at ru forum - clan of this, clan of that, clan of somethingelse... Only Eridani Light Horse look like they have some ideas, all others just waiting clan invasion to flop over clan side. But due mercenary corps will be able to help factions in battles, I'll make some efforts to lure people under Capella Banners, be sure.

Well done Lima. Thank you!

The C.C.A.F. will rule!

#170 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

Man oh man, if or when they release the clans for player use, say goodbye to half the strength of all houses and merc corps lol

#171 Lima Zulu

• 1,971 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

View PostZectorman, on 28 December 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

Man oh man, if or when they release the clans for player use, say goodbye to half the strength of all houses and merc corps lol

Well, doesn't it answer the description of in-univense events very well? Ofc all minor conflicts will settle down in shade of so mighty all-universe peril as Clan Invasion, and Clan front will become hottest thing for a while, right till Tykkayd events.

#172 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

View PostZectorman, on 28 December 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

Well, not the Capellan numbers I think. There aren't many people who just want to wait in a house till the invasion who would choose CC, as we are friendly, loyal bunch, that likes it the way it is. We will might as well become the biggest of houses after that. :)

#173 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

I'm just going off what i see here in the forums. I'm defiantly in it for the Capellan Confederation (not really into the clans). But half of what i see in the forums is "I'm going merc until the Clans" or "i'll join the FRR because its going to be Ghost Bear soon enough". Thats part of the reason why i'm with you guys and not the FRR, because it gets taken over as soon as it was made. No point in maintaining loyalty in something that won't live in the next couple of years.

#174 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

View PostZectorman, on 28 December 2011 - 12:33 PM, said:

I'm just going off what i see here in the forums. I'm defiantly in it for the Capellan Confederation (not really into the clans). But half of what i see in the forums is "I'm going merc until the Clans" or "i'll join the FRR because its going to be Ghost Bear soon enough". Thats part of the reason why i'm with you guys and not the FRR, because it gets taken over as soon as it was made. No point in maintaining loyalty in something that won't live in the next couple of years.

"But we still have 7 planets, it's more than enough!" "We will hold the Clans on our borders and won't let them through!"

I love the enthusiasm of those 2-3 guys representing their house and being so foolish to actually believe that. :)

#175 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

View PostAdridos, on 28 December 2011 - 12:44 PM, said:

"But we still have 7 planets, it's more than enough!" "We will hold the Clans on our borders and won't let them through!"

I love the enthusiasm of those 2-3 guys representing their house and being so foolish to actually believe that. ;)
Never underestimate the ability a couple of men or women who are fanatically devoted to their cause have to accomplish their goals.
This goes doubly so if they have deep pockets and a modicum of strategic sense.
Just as the clan players are playing alongside them, they will be playing alongside many of these clan players, watching, waiting, and collecting intel on the enemy within (or collaborators as I expect them to be dubbed).
My thoughts would be that you will see two clearly defined 'waves' when the clan invasion starts - a huge zerg rush initially of clan players, with the front lines most exclusively composed of newer, unreasonably enthusiastic players. The clans will in all likelihood use these initial conflicts as impromptu trials, cherry picking the ones who perform reasonably into proper line units and consolidating any gains made by the rush.
Knowing that they are outnumbered, if their commander has their wits about them, he or she will commence an elastic defence, giving ground where neccessary, reinforcing key strategic points such as critical jump points, drawing the clans into inconclusive, extended campaigns where key units are held up and unable to reinforce assaults elsewhere, and attempting to force the clans to overextend their supply lines as was done in canon. Afterwards,anticipate black ops behind enemy lines, assassinating key commanders and attempting to foment disarray in the ranks where possible (much more likely amongst ardent crusaders who are likely to be hot heads than with warden players).
A large part of how things play out will also depend on the implementation of zellbrigen - will clan players be penalised for failing to adhere to it? You'd hope so, else there's little to stop clan players (RP considerations aside) from simply resorting to massed forepower, or not bidding away their forces at the commencement of an engagement to minimise losses.

#176 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:30 AM

and remember.

The Devs will control the story line, but they cant control the outcome of the battles.

So if storyline says you lose planet #1 today, but you win the wars and battles. I think they would be mistaken to take it off you.

As we are here to Battle. Not roll dice and follow a story. ;) The Devs wont play "mech gods" and take things from you, because they want a story followed. The stories are only to enhance the gameplay, not control it.

They would lose player base paying members, this would not be good.

Edited by Metro, 29 December 2011 - 03:31 AM.

#177 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:58 AM

View PostDaidachi, on 28 December 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

Never underestimate the ability a couple of men or women who are fanatically devoted to their cause have to accomplish their goals.
This goes doubly so if they have deep pockets and a modicum of strategic sense.
Just as the clan players are playing alongside them, they will be playing alongside many of these clan players, watching, waiting, and collecting intel on the enemy within (or collaborators as I expect them to be dubbed).
My thoughts would be that you will see two clearly defined 'waves' when the clan invasion starts - a huge zerg rush initially of clan players, with the front lines most exclusively composed of newer, unreasonably enthusiastic players. The clans will in all likelihood use these initial conflicts as impromptu trials, cherry picking the ones who perform reasonably into proper line units and consolidating any gains made by the rush.
Knowing that they are outnumbered, if their commander has their wits about them, he or she will commence an elastic defence, giving ground where neccessary, reinforcing key strategic points such as critical jump points, drawing the clans into inconclusive, extended campaigns where key units are held up and unable to reinforce assaults elsewhere, and attempting to force the clans to overextend their supply lines as was done in canon. Afterwards,anticipate black ops behind enemy lines, assassinating key commanders and attempting to foment disarray in the ranks where possible (much more likely amongst ardent crusaders who are likely to be hot heads than with warden players).
A large part of how things play out will also depend on the implementation of zellbrigen - will clan players be penalised for failing to adhere to it? You'd hope so, else there's little to stop clan players (RP considerations aside) from simply resorting to massed forepower, or not bidding away their forces at the commencement of an engagement to minimise losses.

I would even help them if they had such a good leadership, but I am not aware of Liao helping them out. If they hold long enough, I will even volunteer to help them, if there is a way to do that as Liao.

#178 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:41 AM

The main way I could think of would be as a Liao backed merc unit. Working for Rasalhague makes perfect sense insofar as negotiating contracts that include exclusive salvage rights for clan tech (hello raw materials for R&D to work on). The preservation of conflict for as long as possible at that end of the sphere also means that resources the Davions and Steiners would otherwise be able to bring to bear on us and the FWL will continue to need to be directed at the clan front.

With Steiner and Davion operating as separate factions, short of playing Davion loyal mercs operating on the Steiner front I can't see the Davions having much to focus on outside of the Combine and us initially. Due to the inevitable numbers glut the Suns will receive from Davion fanboys, and the fact the Combine will be fighting a war on two fronts against numerically strong opponents soon enough, it'll makae for interesting times.

#179 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:01 AM

View PostDaidachi, on 29 December 2011 - 04:41 AM, said:

The main way I could think of would be as a Liao backed merc unit. Working for Rasalhague makes perfect sense insofar as negotiating contracts that include exclusive salvage rights for clan tech (hello raw materials for R&D to work on). The preservation of conflict for as long as possible at that end of the sphere also means that resources the Davions and Steiners would otherwise be able to bring to bear on us and the FWL will continue to need to be directed at the clan front.

So in other words, no way to help them as loyal Liao warrior. Ok then. ;)

#180 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:06 AM

Tífáng tā, ránhòu ràng mǎi jiā. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users