Greetings to the Warriors of House Liao

276 replies to this topic

#241 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 13 February 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

Hamburgers can pilot Urbanmechs? You lot are either stark raving mad or geniuses, or maybe both at the same time!

It's just a little something our scientists have made while they wait for the ancient core to be discovered, so they can make all the cool stuff.

It is a nice addition, though. Because if you kill a Davion, you'll find hamburger in his legged mech. You do science and put it into an Urbie. As we all know Urbie piloted by hamburger > Davion mechwarriors. The Urbie would kill 2 Davions ---> We get 2 new hamburgers ---> More Urbies owning you ---> cycle repeats itself untill Capellan Urbies conquer the world. :)

View PostJack Gallows, on 13 February 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

...and later with against the Clans, depending...

AFAIK, Capellans had really hard time fighting Clans, so we mostly stayed home and took some of our worlds back while Clans took care of you. But I would gladly go if there was a chance, because I would really like to get a bit of that paint Dihm's using on his mech and help him out a little + have a bit of a challenge, because fighting Davions is too easy. :P

P.S. No, it wasn't "backstabbing" we've done to you while you fought Clans, it was "Perfectly planned, strategically superior attack operation on busy enemy which doesn't cover his flank effectively". :)

P.P.S. Thanks for the RP compliment. ;)

#242 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostAdridos, on 13 February 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

P.S. No, it wasn't "backstabbing" we've done to you while you fought Clans, it was "Perfectly planned, strategically superior attack operation on busy enemy which doesn't cover his flank effectively". :)

That's what I like about you Capellans, so ready to help seal your own fates! You're VERY lucky these Davions that are "too easy" to fight can handle the Clans even with your infighting and abuse of Star League units, because otherwise there would be no Capellan Confederation...and you'd have been powerless to stop it.

Can't very well do anything on your own, now can you?

RP sillyness aside, Congratulations to Metro!!!! Hurray!

#243 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 13 February 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

That's what I like about you Capellans, so ready to help seal your own fates! You're VERY lucky these Davions that are "too easy" to fight can handle the Clans even with your infighting and abuse of Star League units, because otherwise there would be no Capellan Confederation...and you'd have been powerless to stop it.

Can't very well do anything on your own, now can you?

RP sillyness aside, Congratulations to Metro!!!! Hurray!

Jack, Jack now really dont they keep you busy enough arguing about CoC over on the Daviot boards? B) But seriously we welcome everyone over here just make sure you can take the heat. Or as my granpapy used to say If ya cant run wit the big dogs stay outa the tall grass. ;)

#244 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostKyll Long, on 14 February 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Jack, Jack now really dont they keep you busy enough arguing about CoC over on the Daviot boards? :( But seriously we welcome everyone over here just make sure you can take the heat. Or as my granpapy used to say If ya cant run wit the big dogs stay outa the tall grass. :D

I'm not worried about the CoC, the thread was a diversion to help pass the time, and it was fun debating....I don't need anyone to tell me where to point and shoot (I've got a large green target ;))

Maybe we should just cut the grass? Or would that be too clever for a Cappie? :(

#245 IxxxI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 14 February 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Maybe we should just cut the grass? Or would that be too clever for a Cappie? :P

First, in Capellan Confederation it's tall grass who cuts you. Second, you'll need to be at least at the same height with fence to look over it :)

#246 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

Some one have 2 Bricks to throw at whatever is hiding in that there grass? :)

#247 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostMetro, on 15 February 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Some one have 2 Bricks to throw at whatever is hiding in that there grass? :P

Ahh no worries it's just a Daviot. I have two Mask operatives right behind him. He just aint seen em yet :)

#248 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostMetro, on 15 February 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Some one have 2 Bricks to throw at whatever is hiding in that there grass? :ph34r:

You know that if you hit him, he could go to court with you for personal injury? :D

#249 bogey313

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

What? Those bricks? Never seen them before and they were made on Luthien anyway...must have been one of those sneaky snakes hit that poor little Davion boy...

Edited by bogey313, 16 February 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#250 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hi, bogey.

Old vet, I guess, right? :ph34r:

#251 bogey313

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

:ph34r: Sup Adridos

MPBT Solarias (?) doesn't look right.... dialup AOhelL on a 56k modem. Drop nights rocked. Of Course my wife thought otherwise:) Specially after a few beers...

#252 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

lol...love it !!

Sir...I didnt see a thing sir !

Thats my boy! :ph34r:

#253 bogey313

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

Move along nothing to see...actually nothing ever happened here at all.... BEER over there!!! ;) mad skills of distraction

#254 Bullwerk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBremerton, Wa

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

I must agree with some of the sentiment I've seen from members loyal to Houses other than Liao, it is nice to see an active group of Liao loyal MechWarriors. I mean if there wasn't it would mean less enemies for the Davion loyalists to annihilate on our path to rid the IS of your oppressive regime.

From that angle I'm most happy to see you all here.

#255 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

Yeah, we like tons of Daviot loyalists thinking they can simply roll over us, too. ;)

From a bit different angle. ;)

#256 HIemfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostBullwerk, on 24 February 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

I must agree with some of the sentiment I've seen from members loyal to Houses other than Liao, it is nice to see an active group of Liao loyal MechWarriors. I mean if there wasn't it would mean less enemies for the Davion loyalists to annihilate on our path to rid the IS of your oppressive regime.

From that angle I'm most happy to see you all here.

:) Have the childern of the Sword and Sun really slipped so far as to beable to assume that defeating us will be easy? Sad really.
To think the Fox's poison has really spread so far. Though it is not surprising now that I think about it, what with the majority of your people relying on their toes to count above ten.

#257 Bullwerk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBremerton, Wa

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

View PostHIemfire, on 25 February 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

:) Have the childern of the Sword and Sun really slipped so far as to beable to assume that defeating us will be easy? Sad really.
To think the Fox's poison has really spread so far. Though it is not surprising now that I think about it, what with the majority of your people relying on their toes to count above ten.

Even at your height, which is long behind you, it was easy to assume that defeating you was a foregone conclusion. In your current state it's barely worth recording engagements with Liao forces. The only real purpose engaging in combat with Capellan units has is providing out untested warriors an education before moving them to face a real foe, the Kuritans.

As far as your insults to our intelligence I believe you provide a perfect example of the simplicity of the Capellan mindset. It takes strong minds and true strength of character to live and fight in a free society that allows it's citizens to be who they truly are. There is no honor in, and it is only those that lack intelligence that, fight for those that would place anything above the individual. Your society is devoid of a true reason for existence and your leaders have led you astray into believing that tyranny and oppression is an acceptable lifestyle.

#258 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostBullwerk, on 28 February 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

It takes strong minds and true strength of character to live and fight in a free society that allows it's citizens to be who they truly are. There is no honor in, and it is only those that lack intelligence that, fight for those that would place anything above the individual.

I think you'll find that while House Davion does value a few strong minds, the Federated Suns has always depended more upon its many strong backs. Davion fans like to talk about freedom, but in actuality the Federated Commonwealth remains a feudal state like the Capellan Confederation. It relies on the support of many worlds, which are "free" to provide the resources the Davions need to expand their influence. Look closely and you'll find many of House Davion's worlds have a higher rate of illiteracy than those controlled by House Liao. I suspect the Davions found ignorant peasants much easier to control.

House Liao has taken a different approach by indoctrinating all of its citizens in Confucianism and other philosophies that put the state before the individual. The Korvine Doctrine recognizes that humanity is unlikely to survive spread among the stars without strong central leadership. The Sarna Mandate says that only the most talented warriors, scientists, and politicians should be put into leadership positions, with much less power going to hereditary nobles than many neighboring Sucessor States. Finally, the Lorix Order places the MechWarrior at the pinnacle of the society. This makes it a virtue for citizens to support the wars where MechWarriors develop the skills they need to protect the state.

Opponents believe this education to be brainwashing or propaganda, but they don't bother to look at how equally flawed all the other factions are. The Capellan Confederation has been compared with some of the most backwards modern cultures in existence. This may be true, but the Federated Suns is positively medieval! I much perfer enlightened dedication to House Liao over the life of drudgery and individualism that House Davion is trying to push onto its neighbors.

#259 Bullwerk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBremerton, Wa

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 28 February 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

House Liao has taken a different approach by indoctrinating all of its citizens in Confucianism and other philosophies that put the state before the individual. The Korvine Doctrine recognizes that humanity is unlikely to survive spread among the stars without strong central leadership.

You're thinking is flawed my much deceived friend. Even if what you say is true and we cannot survive spread amongst the stars as free individuals, an idea I find asinine and self serving to your rulers, I would rather die a freeman and have humanity waste away than for it to exist as your principles insist. What point is there to survival if you are not free to do as you wish, free to choose what, if anything, is greater than yourself?

I reject the Liao, and Kuritan, notions of existence and see them for what they really are. THese ideals are nothing more than away for the few to control and exploit the many. The rule of House Davion may not be perfect and there are certianly flaws and failures but at least the intentions are noble and based upon individual liberty. If not for the need to rid the Inner Sphere of the devious and dangerous ideals of your House and others we would be able to expend so much more time, energy, and man power towards rectifying the failings within our state.

#260 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

View PostBullwerk, on 03 March 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

The rule of House Davion may not be perfect and there are certianly flaws and failures but at least the intentions are noble.

Tell that to the families which lost their fathers and husbands in many of the assaults Davions have made. :)

Killing so many innocents for a wedding gift, now that's noble. :)

Shout as much as you want Daviot, but your leadership is the same piece of .... :) as ours.
We just don't wage pointless wars killing billions of innocents.

Only wars we do are to get back, what is rightfully ours.
Tell me, if someone stole your computer, wouldn't you go to police and demand return of it? :)

Edited by Adridos, 03 March 2012 - 02:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users