- - - - -

Should I Just Delete My Account And Start Again?

34 replies to this topic

#21 PhD Command

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Sounds like everything is working as it should be OP. My advice is the same as many, look into joining a group. Remember that this game from it's inception has been billed as a team game. While it still lacks many of the "role warfare" items to flesh that ideal out, it is at its very core a team game. So you have a few options. Join any of the public teamspeak servers (info can be found on these forums) and play with random people. Experience has shown me that generally most people there are willing to lend you a hand. Continue to you play solo and have ups and downs, high moments and moments of extreme frustration. Or join one of the many groups that are out and already formed so that you play with the same guys regularly. Obviously, I would like to point you to our website http://www.phoenixdominion.com But don't only look there, there are plenty of mercenary units that are up and running. In addition there are several groups aligned with the "houses" of Battletech Lore.

We have a forum filled with great information, builds, tactics and so on. We maintain our own teamspeak server as well. We are not alone almost all the established groups are just the same. The trick is finding one where you fit in, feel comfortable and have fun. Like most established groups we have had members playing this game since day one. All of which remember what it was to be new. From closed beta to open beta to now, weapons have changed, tactics/meta has changed but there has been one constant, teamwork is truly OP in this game. Be it random pug groups that have through the public servers found a way to communicate with each other or in established groups that work together regularly. Teamwork kills. So I invite you to our TS server and encourage you to find and hop onto others as well and find a group you enjoy. You will quickly see more success.

Edited by PhD Command, 28 October 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#22 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Just a real quick question, how are you all still stuck with the Recruit forum tag? If you have played enough for a group, or beaten at least 25 full matches, why do you still have the Recruit tag? That also means you still have Cadet Bonus...

#23 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

View Postluxebo, on 28 October 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Just a real quick question, how are you all still stuck with the Recruit forum tag? If you have played enough for a group, or beaten at least 25 full matches, why do you still have the Recruit tag? That also means you still have Cadet Bonus...

I answered that on the first page. It's a forum rank, not a in-game one. He has two posts, so he's a recruit.

#24 MuFasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 287 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

It could likely be an account created for the purpose of group forum posts and little else just saying :)

#25 N Danger

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

As most everyone has said, find a group of players to team up with. I didn't really get to far in this game until I joined a Merc Corp.
I then had people to team up with and I also had people to teach me how to improve my game. Search the recruitment threads to find one that fits your style and play times.

With that said you can still make friends and not have give up the lone wolf status. Just download Team Speak and get on one of the community operated servers. Com Star and NGNG are good ones to find teams and you can find people to answer your questions about the game. Several Corps and factions (like ours) will also have an open TS server for people to drop in and find groups to drop with.

Don't give up. Take it to the next level.

#26 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostReagusmech, on 27 October 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

So now I sit here, 192 wins to 192 losses, when I was doing so well. Utterly dreadful, and I just feel like all the funs gone - So with this ******* god awful statistic, shall I just delete?

Kiddie, what an awful rage. First of all, what does K/D ratio and W/L ratios mean to you? Your eyes seem to be clouded by pathological nerd-elitist talk.

Let me bring you a simple fact: In a game with a ELO system and automatic matchmaking your W/L ratio should be 192:192, i.e. 50:50 provided, that the player base is large enough. This is what matchmakign and ELO are for after all (matching you with evenly skilled opponents). But heck, what am I talking here, I am sure you don't believe there would be people with your elite skills out there would you? I could teach you similar about K/D ratio, but hey, you're elitist view and whining really aren't worth my time. Ask mommy to fix your broken heart. I have so many "remake,bc brokens statistic" kids, believe me, a little cookie will fix your tears.

Edited by Autobot9000, 29 October 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#27 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

OP,
Been playing since August last year, never gave a hoot about stats.
But, it's sad to hear you're not having fun.

I hope it improves.

#28 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

dont give up.

#29 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Simple words of advice for enjoying this terrible game as it currently is.

First off, puggin solo is a game of Russian roulette and the sooner you accept it the better. I approach puggin as a chance to test load outs, and maybe get lucky enough to have a victory and show a pugger or two how it's done.

Secondly, 4 mans! You want to be effective and walk away from even a loss feeling like you and your lance left it all out there on the field. I run 4 man drops nightly with some good friends that I met playing this game. We run what we like the most or what we are grinding and we usually wind up the top lance on out team. Generally we are the reason that we got a victory and we've been dropping together for more then 6 months. The group of guys will rotate in and out and no matter who we bring into the drop we do the same because we play together nightly.

The third thing I'd like to mention is learn the maps for best use of tactics. On Crimson Straight the choke point in D4/D5 is a great way to use strategy for the win. You set up on one side and get an idea for how many are stacking up opposite side, then figure out if you are going to rush them or move around and get shots from the sides of the pass. If you out number, out class, or think you can out play them then you can push them and get some kills by focus firing.
I had a pug Cent jump into the fight with me against a bad lance consisting of a Battlemaster, Shadowhawk, Awesome, and Jenner. I had already gotten hit enough to make my armor red CT and yellow sides when we rushed them, but I had opened up the Shadowhawk, the Awesome, and the Jenner by climbing the walls and getting shots in. I was at 23% by the end of the fight and we had rolled that lance, thanks to the Cent that went with me.

You can either enjoy MWO for what it is, or rage for what it isn't. I say play it till it's dead and then move on, but I wouldn't spend more then you have to (buying mechbays).

#30 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Oh {Scrap}, didn't see that one. Thanks Nick :). I thought it only is there until playing the first 25 matches.

#31 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

So now I sit here, 192 wins to 192 losses, when I was doing so well. Utterly dreadful, and I just feel like all the funs gone - So with this ******* god awful statistic, shall I just delete?

Looks like you're playing stats and not the game. If you delete your account and start another one, do you really expect different results?

Get on a team to improve your play. Ignore stats - they mean NOTHING.

And just have fun!

#32 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostPiney, on 30 October 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

Looks like you're playing stats and not the game. If you delete your account and start another one, do you really expect different results?

Get on a team to improve your play. Ignore stats - they mean NOTHING.

And just have fun!

Well.... they don't quite mean 'nothing' B)

They mean: This is the odds of me winning a match
- Which every competitive game in the world tries to put as close to even as possible - so 192/192 is actually a really good thing.
- High W/L ratio only mean you are having better luck with your team-mates - doesn't matter how good you are, you are not going to beat 12 other functioning players solo

They mean: This is my bragging rights
- Which can be taken in a great many directions (guess what my ratio says about my team-mates eh? Least I am nearer the newer players :wacko:)

Here is a thought for Reagus:
As your W/L ratio is to dependent on team-mates and the other team for you to have any bragging rights in that direction - how about the average damage / accuracy stats?
THOSE you can treat as bragging rights - a guy with a 100% accuracy rating on all his weapons - and full+ average damage, is a guy who knows how to use his weapons (I am not there yet - I am working on it though :wub:)

#33 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

As mentioned, a 192 to 192 ratio is a sign of a perfectly working Elo system. You mentioned that you lost almost 20 straight games, but still came out with a balanced W/L, sounds like you were stomping newbies in that bracket and after so many wins you got bumped up to play with the big boys.

500 odd games later...

So now I sit here, 192 wins to 192 losses

Something doesn't add up here...

#34 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 30 October 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

Well.... they don't quite mean 'nothing' :lol:

They mean: This is the odds of me winning a match
- Which every competitive game in the world tries to put as close to even as possible - so 192/192 is actually a really good thing.
- High W/L ratio only mean you are having better luck with your team-mates - doesn't matter how good you are, you are not going to beat 12 other functioning players solo

They mean: This is my bragging rights
- Which can be taken in a great many directions (guess what my ratio says about my team-mates eh? Least I am nearer the newer players :rolleyes:)

Here is a thought for Reagus:
As your W/L ratio is to dependent on team-mates and the other team for you to have any bragging rights in that direction - how about the average damage / accuracy stats?
THOSE you can treat as bragging rights - a guy with a 100% accuracy rating on all his weapons - and full+ average damage, is a guy who knows how to use his weapons (I am not there yet - I am working on it though B))

I stand corrected and I can agree with that, Shar. :D

#35 Janniko Joylare

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostManDaisy, on 27 October 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Why dont cha try bringing it up to the next level?

Skills to aquire:
1) Map interpretation, positioning, escape routes, firing positions
2) Enemy movement patterns, reading their flow and train of thought
3) Entering and exiting a situation, sensing when favor changes,
4) Spontaneous situational assessment, recognizing patterns and likely outcomes
5) Spacial awareness, being keen on who sees you and how many are around you
6) Negative information to provide positive information, when something is not, something else is.
7) Luring, baiting, manipulation, using the flow to create an advantage,
8) Stealth, knowing when firing will draw fire, and when firing will not draw fire. Knowing when someone wont chase.
9) Detecting ambush, kill boxes, knowing where to look so you dont get shot or fall into a trap.

So, speed/armor/ and fire power can only get you so far. After that its all brains. If you can read their brain you can read their moves.

Absolutely great post, +1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users