Any Chance To Get Get Rid Of The Bad Graphic?

39 replies to this topic

#1 Sturmwut

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFlensburg, Germany

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Everytime i want to sniper i get after 20min a headache...

The graphic is foggy as hell, the film grain terrorize my view and in the end it looks like im playing through milky glass. It would be absolutely annoying if I had paid 120$ for poor graphics, moderate gameplay and headache!

Give it anyway to fix this graphicdisaster on my own?... or do i need the mercy of the holly devs to get more then this current graphicterror...

PS: I can change what i want in the user.cfg, it changes nothing ingame -.-'

Update:

When i look out of the window i can see the other side of the harbor clearly! 80% of the year i get 1000, 2000, 3000, x000m clear sight!
And you destroy the graphic of the game by making 99% foggy, milky, dusty and whatever!

This is the real range of sight!
Posted Image

... and this the horror we must look thru...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Sturmwut, 28 October 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#2 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

Adjust brightness, contrast, and gamma on your monitor and in the game options. This works for me.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 28 October 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#3 Sturmwut

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for the answer i will try it, even if it may not improve the range of vision

#4 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

The first image looks like It would be a great map for this game.

The grain effect doesn't seem to bother me too much, but I brawl wayyy more then I snipe. I do get what you're saying though.. sometimes Its hard to see If you are shooting at a rock or a 'Mech if they are far out..

Do you play with the graphics level on ultra?

Oh, and also, about the second image. I miss when forest colony was somewhat sunny. It looks so much nicer then It does now...

#5 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Your best bet would be to visit Pada Vison's thread on tweaking your .cfg files for high end machines to eek out better graphics.

http://mwomercs.com/...d-usercfg-file/

#6 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

That might be the real range of sight, but it wouldn't make for a very fun MechWarrior game for the majority ... unless you WANT the game to devolve into Long Range Turrets Online. Close-range combat would go the way of the Dodo if everybody could see clearly out to 2000+ meters. My lights already get zapped from 800+ meters -- there's no need to make things easier.

#7 Cool Hwhip

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

I have always wished that the game was made using the ArmA 3 engine- view ranges of 10km, and maps that are 100s of square km- with towns, cities, mountains and all...

Posted Image

To avoid the obvious sniping that will be happening you would really have to use the landscape for cover. You could also use forests as concealment to get nice and close. I know it would never happen, but one can dream...

#8 Sturmwut

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 28 October 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

That might be the real range of sight, but it wouldn't make for a very fun MechWarrior game for the majority ... unless you WANT the game to devolve into Long Range Turrets Online. Close-range combat would go the way of the Dodo if everybody could see clearly out to 2000+ meters. My lights already get zapped from 800+ meters -- there's no need to make things easier.

And you realy think it's the right way to safe the "meeles" by destroying the graphic?
The MWO Devs made a great job to get rid of sniper Mechs... the only longrange class sits behind rocks and fires LRM!
There a houndred ways for a close range mech to safe his as* by hiding behind buildings, rocks, tunnel, over speed, jumpjets etc. And that is realistic! Not to destroy the graphic and with it the whole game...

Look at "World of Tanks", the dont destroy their graphic to help smaller Tanks -.-'

Try out the "Gauss" it's hard enough to calculate the delay to hit moving targets... and then you need to charge the weapon and have the cooldown. To snipe is hard enough without the uglyst graphic ever...

I could see much more clearly in Mechwarrior 4, that is 13!!! years old... then in this "modern" joke of a Game!

120$ are really dearly for this junk... that was my first and last investment in this digital disaster
Real disappointing, how the devs can ruin a good base...

Edited by Sturmwut, 29 October 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#9 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Not every area of the maps are passable behind cover. I regularly get zapped on each and every map by somebody with GR and PPC/ERPPC and ERLL at 800+ meters -- even I can do it with ERLL on occasion, and I don't have the advanced zoom module. If you cannot do it, then you need to spend more time learning how -- others can and do snipe from long range every single match. Snipers reach out a heck of a lot farther than LRMs do. Advanced zoom module helps a lot -- I've spectated a lot of pilots using it.

They haven't destroyed anything graphics-wise. They simply made it harder to see with fog or snow or other atmospheric effects.

Also, my graphics seem to look a heck of a lot better than yours. Maybe turning up the options in your graphics control panel and the game and turning off motion blur would help you.

#10 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

S!

Performance vs playability. Want photorealism? Ok, live with abysmal FPS. Want playable game? Graphics look good where they need to(most of the time) and FPS is much better. Can't have it all. Sure an ARMA 3 style map would be great, but for online game would it be a feasible choice?

Shooting would not be affected that much anyway, we have our maximum practical ranges less than 1km so a typical MWO sniper could not do a thing to you out at 5km even he saw your Mech. Sure would make camping and movement much harder as you can be spotted farther away(but not locked) compared to now.

Quite happy with MWO graphics, even there could be less grain and stuff.

#11 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Sturmwut the harsh graphics you are talking about are on purpose
your fighting in a blizzard or on a foggy morning ,ect
there are plenty of times when the map is perfectly clear (frozen city night is often uber clear, as is apline peaks)

if you dont want a headache , do not snipe in a blizzard

also everyone is fighting under these conditions, use that to your advantage
(if you must snipe in a blizzard move in closer to your target)

lastly, we are not fighting on earth, so expecting the views of your beautiful everyday Germany clear skys and nice grass
is not a very realistic expectation, most of these planets cannot even support natural life but humans fight over them because they contain resources

#12 Sturmwut

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostF lan Ker, on 29 October 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Performance vs playability. Want photorealism? Ok, live with abysmal FPS. Want playable game? Graphics look good where they need to(most of the time) and FPS is much better.

I dont ask for photorealism! I'm asking for a range of sight, across 1500m! And for less headache...

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 29 October 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Not every area of the maps are passable behind cover.

And you cant use laser on hot maps like you do it on wintermaps... in other maps with citys and buildings the sniper gets problems! So where is the problem to let us see more then 1000m...

If you cannot do it, then you need to spend more time learning how -- others can and do snipe from long range every single match.

Spend more time to get more headache! WTF... i play many 3D Shooter and MWO ist the first that ***** my health with his grey slurry graphic. And NO its not the right way that i must learn top play with pain!

They haven't destroyed anything graphics-wise. They simply made it harder to see with fog or snow or other atmospheric effects.

Blind? They dont ruin the graphic by making everthing looks like a grey mass... for sure!

Also, my graphics seem to look a heck of a lot better than yours. Maybe turning up the options in your graphics control panel and the game and turning off motion blur would help you.

If tried nearly every setting... and it always looks like sh*t!

View PostNaduk, on 29 October 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

lastly, we are not fighting on earth, so expecting the views of your beautiful everyday Germany clear skys and nice grass
is not a very realistic expectation, most of these planets cannot even support natural life but humans fight over them because they contain resources

I understand that and it's ok, that they use fog, dust and that stuff... but why on 95% of the game!
Weatherhandycaps should be a occasional challange and not a constant annoyance!

Edited by Sturmwut, 29 October 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#13 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Quite surprised nobody has said this yet, so I will:
Go to the options and turn postprocessing to low, as low as it will go. This gets rid of some of the fog, some of the film grain, some of the bloom, and all of the depth of field. It makes a world of difference- the colours are much brighter and more saturated, the lines are sharper, and you can see an extra 500-700m clearly on some maps.

#14 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostSturmwut, on 29 October 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

And you cant use laser on hot maps like you do it on wintermaps... in other maps with citys and buildings the sniper gets problems! So where is the problem to let us see more then 1000m...

You can see pretty clearly on some maps -- Alpine Peaks, River City, Terra Therma, and Frozen City Night come to mind. On other maps, you have atmospheric effects shortening the visual range.

Spend more time to get more headache! WTF... i play many 3D Shooter and MWO ist the first that ***** my health with his grey slurry graphic. And NO its not the right way that i must learn top play with pain!

I'm not saying that you need to learn to play with pain. If you really get pain of any kind from playing a game in a certain manner ... STOP PLAYING THE GAME IN THAT MANNER. It's not rocket science. Health is always first. If you're a sniper, and sniping in a game gives you headaches ... guess what -- it's time to stop playing that game.

Blind? They dont ruin the graphic by making everthing looks like a grey mass... for sure!

I don't consider the graphics to be a grey mass as you put it. They look good to me. Also remember, we are still on DirectX 9 graphics. It will improve when DirectX 11 graphics are available. However, the "fog of war" visibility stuff will still be there.

aniviron: I wasn't sure that still worked. I haven't tried it in a long time.

#15 Sturmwut

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

First and last game of the day...

Posted Image

990m and i can't see nearly nothing... what a beautiful graphic :ph34r:

... and now, a game that dont think, that grey is the most beautiful color in this univers!
Posted Image

Look at both picture and be honest... which game has the better graphics!
The "new" MWO or the "old" WOT

Before I forget. What happened to the old thermal sight? True, it was blue, red, green and yellow ...
The new thermal vision is now in the main MWO color ... GREY :)

We have 100T Battlemechs, Gauss Canon, Laser, Railguns, Ferro-Fiber Armor, interstellar travel, war on other plantes... and to see above 1000m is a unsolvable problem of the future :D

Edited by Sturmwut, 29 October 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#16 VIOLENT REACTION

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostSturmwut, on 29 October 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

First and last game of the day...

Posted Image

990m and i can't see nearly nothing... what a beautiful graphic :ph34r:

... and now, a game that dont think, that grey is the most beautiful color in this univers!
Posted Image

Look at both picture and be honest... which game has the better graphics!
The "new" MWO or the "old" WOT

Before I forget. What happened to the old thermal sight? True, it was blue, red, green and yellow ...

We have 100T Battlemechs, Gauss Canon, Laser, Railguns, Ferro-Fiber Armor, interstellar travel, war on other plantes... and to see above 1000m is a unsolvable problem of the future :D

Looks like FOG..Just like what you would find in a forest valley with water in it...Ever been to the Smokey Mountains..They have fog there too and you can't see that far in the fog that comes off the lakes and rivers there..seems like they got it right to put FOG in a map that has mountains a forest and a big 'ol lake in the middle to me...And in my honest opinion the world of tanks pic doesn't look realistic at all..Looks like a cartoon..You might wanna get outside sometime and see the real world.
Just my opinion.

V/R

EDIT: Yes I know it's the Crimson Strait Map but he's in the water and mountain side in the pic..fog clears up in the city just like it does in Forest Colony snow.

Edited by VIOLENT REACTION, 29 October 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#17 Sturmwut

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostVIOLENT REACTION, on 29 October 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Looks like FOG..Just like what you would find in a forest valley with water in it...Ever been to the Smokey Mountains..They have fog there too and you can't see that far in the fog that comes off the lakes and rivers there..seems like they got it right to put FOG in a map that has mountains a forest and a big 'ol lake in the middle to me...And in my honest opinion the world of tanks pic doesn't look realistic at all..Looks like a cartoon..You might wanna get outside sometime and see the real world.
Just my opinion.

1. I know what fog is, and where it may arise... but how often do you see FOG in reallife!
2. Both are games and not real, one of the difference between the games is the bad graphics...
3. Look at this real! picture/szenario...
Posted Image
Here now a picture from WOT which shows the same scenario...
Posted Image

Now a picture of a real city beach szenario...
Posted Image
... and now what the MWO Devs makes out of it...
Posted Image

Edited by Sturmwut, 29 October 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#18 Sharp Spikes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSochi, Russia

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Set Post Processing (found in "Options" ->"Advanced Settings" menu) to "Low".It'll help a bit.

#19 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

The old Heat vision wasn't what is used in real life. Check out real heat-vision equipment and tell me what colors it uses ... that's right, shades of grey. None of the false-color stuff we had in the game before.

There are maps where you can see far, and there are maps where you cannot see far. It is designed that way for a reason. Deal with it, or not ... it's up to you.

And if you haven't already, see how setting the Post Processing option to Low affects your vision like aniviron and Sharp Spikes suggested.

#20 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

S!

I understand your pain with the graphics, but nothing we can do about it. I have no clue of CryEngine 3 and it's capabilities, but I guess if we got longer drawing distances and all that, the game would become a slide show. Even now it struggles to give 100% smooth experience with multiple Mechs and effects within a rather small environment.

Post processing to Low is the best you can do at the moment. It really helps with the blurriness. Also do not force any FSAA or Anisotropic filtering through your GPU control panel, more hassle than worth in most cases. And one last thing, get latest GPU and system drivers. At least for me running an AMD card the 13.11 beta 7 made a difference.

See you in the fields of War!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users