Units: How Do You Implement The Rp Aspects Of Your Clan?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Just curious how different units tackled the Clan mindset.
Do some of you guys mostly forgo that stuff and just focus on being the best or do you focus on living like clansman and hope through that dedication you will become the best?

What about trials of position?
If you do them, how? Do you have 'Mechs of the same weight class fight? Is the Clan warrior they fight in a stock 'Mech or is truly equal? If they lose their initial trial of position are they barred from joining the Clan? If they win it and go on to fight another challenger and win that battle (some miracle if they are the same weight) do they become a Star Commander - which in a full clan would mean another Star Commander loses his position? Or you make a new star for him to lead?

What about Zellbrigen? Any attempt to use that on PUG drops and 12mans, or do you leave that out?

Trials of Refusal? Bloodrights?

Just curious what you guys take on these things are and how hard you try to make them happen..

#2 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

I am just a MechWarrior and i have been in my Clan for only around five months, but i will try to answer your questions sice this is a very important part of the game IMHO.

Of course only a part of the Clan warriors have read the books and/or know the Clans lore with a deep level of detail, and i am part of them. So not everyone likes to RP, but they usually learn something basic. Besides, it is a lore based unit and we try to apply concepts like Honor in our everyday matters.

We did Trials of Position for our Bondsmen. The last form they had was this: a Bondsman's first opponent has minimal tonnage difference (same or a bit lower tonnage), than if he defeats the warrior they can take the 2nd which should have a higher tonnage, same for the 3rd.

They both fight in custom 'Mechs (remember, they are supposed to have Omnimechs B) ). If they lose their ToP they can retry in a week. If they defeat 2 warriors they get the rank of Star Commander - but it is rare, it happened only two or three times as far as i know. (i honestly do not know if someone ever defeated three opponents in single duel ;) ). We usually formed a new Star (maybe also happened that a new SCom replaced a former SCom who had been promoted). Now our recruitment is closed so there is no chance of demoting a Star Com to get room for a new one fresh of his Blooding :lol:

We use Zellbrigen in our Trials and sometimes in skirmishes against other Clans, we do not use it in random battles if not agreed by both the teams.

We occasionally run Trials of Refusal and Trials of Bloodright (the next one is really soon! ;) ).

This is what i saw and understood, i do not have the privilege of speaking for my entire Clan :)

Amazing thread btw.

http://www.youtube.c...7COMgQvb0MMtgig here you will find our videos (only some Trials have been recorded), there is a Trial of Refusal, lot of ToPs and some grand melees.

#3 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

We Ghost Bears implement zellbrigen in the various Trials of Position that we do. The ToP is modified where both the sibkin & the warrior they choose both fight in the exact same Trial mech. We are also organizing a Trial of Bloodright to be held shortly. In regards to acting like Clansmen all the time no. We try to implement an RP aspect during Trials but we try to keep it casual for the most part. Who knows what the future holds.

#4 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

I see.

I've watched some of the Smoke Jaguar's ToP on youtube and they appear to high the person doing the trial in highlander and the people he has to defeat in cataphracts.

Anyways thank you for the replies it is pretty interesting. I think there are lots of people who in some ways really want to be in a strong RP clan (people who grew up huge fans of clan lore) but then..because it can get a little much after a while.. don't want it exactly to be too serious. Seems like it could be difficult to find a balance.

If you didn't have room to create a new Star I';d imagine you could have the 2nd opponent be the Star Commander. It's his command on the line, and then the third opponent would be the Star Captain..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users