Idea: Module That Tells You When You Are On Enemy Radar

6 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Strong

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

In other words, a module that tells you that enemies are able to target you .

So you can know if you are being successfully stealthy or just when you want to be more safe in general.

This way lights don't have to move CONSTANTLY for fear of being sniped. They could still get sniped for standing still but they would know when they have a red triangle over their heads that screams "snipe me".

#2 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

Huh, I actually like this idea, original and useful. Good Idea richard.

#3 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

Audio or visual?

It would be nice to know when you get that red triangle over your head. I can see a lot of utility with that info.

#4 ThePieMaker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 155 posts
  • LocationNew Canton, Griffin Base

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

They had something like this earlier in the game's life. Betty said "Warning, Targeted" every time someone...well targeted you. They quickly removed it because it was stupid.
To feel safe in a light, you should know you are safe because you scouted and know no one is looking at you. Not because you have a module.

#5 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

View PostThePieMaker, on 29 October 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

They had something like this earlier in the game's life. Betty said "Warning, Targeted" every time someone...well targeted you. They quickly removed it because it was stupid.
To feel safe in a light, you should know you are safe because you scouted and know no one is looking at you. Not because you have a module.

Well, there are times where you might want to be targeted to be a distraction as a light, knowing that you have enough of another players attention to be targeted can be useful sometimes.

And there will be times when you might be distracted by something going on that getting a visual cue could be used, but I can see how an audio warning would be annoying.

And with the recently announced modules, I kinda like this one better in comparison.

#6 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Yeah WOT has a similar thing, a little lightbulb shows up on your screen when you're spotted.
It's a cool perk to have, and would be really useful as a light pilot.

#7 Richard Strong

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

View PostThePieMaker, on 29 October 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Not exactly, that would tell you if you were actually targeted and not targetable but I see your point. I still think it is useful information and they could fix the problems with it if they just made it a light instead of an audible warning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users