225 replies to this topic

#101 Thoren Wolf

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIdaho,USA

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 29 October 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Yeah, it's almost like that's not being tested or anything today...
http://mwomercs.com/...-test-schedule/

And how long have these things been promised and in development? A first year game design student at any major college, with a moderate amount of talent, would have a functional UI ready in three to six months.

#102 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 29 October 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

SRMs haven't "worked" in the better part of 6 or 7 MONTHS now.

Don't rush them. They've had more important things - such as pumpkins and 3PV - to work on :).

But seriously, it would be nice to be able to get a decent score in my Kintaro again.

Edited by Appogee, 29 October 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#103 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 29 October 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Half the American Forumites can't figure out PT, and you want to convert to UT?

Best way to solve this is to put up a real time clock on the forum.
That way no one need to fiddle with timezone conversion and can just look at the clock to tell the server time.

I seen a few online game does this for their service.

As much as I hate PWI's game, at least they got some right idea.
http://pwi.perfectworld.com/status

Edited by xengk, 29 October 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#104 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostLakota Wolf, on 29 October 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

And how long have these things been promised and in development? A first year game design student at any major college, with a moderate amount of talent, would have a functional UI ready in three to six months.

Hey, they don't heckle you when you take to long at the deep-fat fryer.

#105 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 29 October 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

• Increased the chances of getting Caustic Valley map to match other maps.

That ridge-humping pile o' drek wasn't popping enough? That must be why it was already my highest-occurring small map. :)

#106 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yay, more Caustic! It and Tourmaline are my favorites.

Edited by TygerLily, 29 October 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#107 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostAppogee, on 29 October 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Don't rush them. They've had more important things - such as pumpkins and 3PV - to work on :).

But seriously, it would be nice to be able to get a decent score in my Kintaro again.

You do realize that the SRM hit reg issues are older than the Kintaro, right?

That means that any game you've ever played in it was during those issues, not prior too, so if you've begun doing worse, that's not the reason.

#108 Vincian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

The tormented soul of an Overlord Elite Founder... Biased? No way!

In fact I am really sad about what I wrote. I spent a lot of time playing MW:0 and I really liked that game. But over the course of the last months I wasnt able to find new Mechs which I would like to play and no more motivation having more than 40kk and all module multiple times. The development ended with the "release", which I found not satisfying at all. I didnt even fulfill the xx games you needed for the extremely ugly badge.

Atm I play another MMO, which is in open beta and which I dont want to advertise here. But one of their in between hotfixes is bigger than this bimonthly update.

I am no native speaker and I dont even know what Snark means, but I could guess it... But honestly, do you really think, that the game is in the right state? UI 2.0? CW? The status of lights? Come on... Be a bit more objective, look into my profile and dont assume to know something about me, which you cant prove.

View PostRhaythe, on 29 October 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Not every patch is going to be overflowing from the brim with new content. Were there no bug fixes and all new content, these threads would be aflame with cries for PGI to fix the bugs and stop wasting time on new stuff and fix what's broken. So really, you would have posted this snark no matter what the patch notes might have read.

Just stating the obvious. PGI's focus this week is obviously going to be on UI 2.0. But keep the trolling going, friend. It'll pay off for you someday, I'm sure.

#109 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostcSand, on 29 October 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

I've been piloting my dragons since closed beta... no problems with fragility. Guess that comes down to pilot skill though... BEAAAAMMMMMMMMM :)

Good patch nice to see the missle fixed although I never got to try out sending a LRM 20 one at a time at someone

Ya, ya Bunny ur a real killer. I can get match scores over 100 in dragons too, you just have to work harder than other chassis is my point.

#110 Honred

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

anyone else having problems to start the launcher? still says that the servers are down

#111 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostThe Wee Baby Seamus, on 29 October 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Doesn't look like you bought a Phoenix pack, so no, you won't.

And I'm glad I didn't waste real money on it as the general consensus seems to be that the Shadowhawk is the only good chassis of the lot. But I guess if you want to collect mechs like Pokemon...

#112 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostRyokens leap, on 29 October 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

And I'm glad I didn't waste real money on it as the general consensus seems to be that the Shadowhawk is the only good chassis of the lot. But I guess if you want to collect mechs like Pokemon...

General consensus = the people you want to listen to.

Thanks Al Gore

#113 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 29 October 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

You do realize that the SRM hit reg issues are older than the Kintaro, right?

No, SRM hit registration issues got markedly worse, at the same time that HSR markedly deteriorated, about 6 patches ago. Many people remarked on it at the time.

#114 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostRyokens leap, on 29 October 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

And I'm glad I didn't waste real money on it as the general consensus seems to be that the Shadowhawk is the only good chassis of the lot.

I'm finding the Battlemaster to be fantastic... haven't even tried the Shadowhawk yet.

#115 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

Caustic Valley chance was INCREASED?!?!?! My gawd since the phoenix patch I've been seeing this map almost a third of the matches I play. And almost zero Canyon Network, that can't be right guys...

#116 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostVincian, on 29 October 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

bimonthly

I believe you mean semimonthly. Either way... Perspective needs to be proportional rather than quantitative. If you have 8 bugs and fix 2, vs having 800 and fixing 60. Sure, one had a lot more bugs fixed, but it isn't necessarily less broken than the other one.

The real problem with MWO is they haven't addressed some of the real sticky ones that are really [REDACTED] old, while they still have resources working on newer bugs and things that aren't necessary for the game to be functional.

Edited by Destined, 29 October 2013 - 03:56 PM.
language

#117 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 29 October 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

What happened to the new modules and all the other stuff?

SoonTM

#118 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

What happened to the "all players named 'Dawnstealer' will be able to carry nukes"-patch, PGI??!

/quits game FOREVER

#119 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostAppogee, on 29 October 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

No, SRM hit registration issues got markedly worse, at the same time that HSR markedly deteriorated, about 6 patches ago. Many people remarked on it at the time.

SRM hit reg issue is many months old. It was old when they upped the SRM damage to 2.0. It the reason they upped it, as a temporary fix to get damage numbers more in line until they got the hit reg fixed. That was well before the release of the KTO.

Edited by OneEyed Jack, 29 October 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#120 Vincian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

From the Oxford Dictionary:
--
Does 'bimonthly' mean 'twice a month' or 'every two months'?

Unfortunately it means both! In the publishing industry, though, it's used fairly consistently to mean 'every two months', so that a bimonthly magazine is generally one that's issued every two months. The same ambiguity affects biweekly and biyearly. If you want to be absolutely clear, it's best to use a phrase such as 'twice a week' or 'every two years'.
--

But at all you are right. But on the one hand I see a company who respects their player base and their wishes, a company who communicates well and on the other hand I see... PGI.
It has become better, but I dont like their way of communicating.

View PostxWiredx, on 29 October 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

I believe you mean semimonthly. Either way... Perspective needs to be proportional rather than quantitative. If you have 8 bugs and fix 2, vs having 800 and fixing 60. Sure, one had a lot more bugs fixed, but it isn't necessarily less broken than the other one.

The real problem with MWO is they haven't addressed some of the real sticky ones that are really fkn old, while they still have resources working on newer bugs and things that aren't necessary for the game to be functional.

Edited by Vincian, 29 October 2013 - 12:03 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users