Patch Day - October 29Th and LIVE!

225 replies to this topic

#181 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 30 October 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Are you actually mad because they fixed the countdown problem? Grow up...

You have zero perspective here. Do you realize the countdown was previously not a problem for oh, a year? Then they made it a problem. We shouldn't cheer that they've backtracked, although perhaps some mild golf applause might encourage them to one day roll back ghost heat.

#182 Knight_Invictus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Devs thanks for the patch and the extended sale (1/2 XP conversion cost especially).

The game is excellent in so many respects. Keep the improvements and upgrades coming!

#183 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostChronojam, on 30 October 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

You have zero perspective here. Do you realize the countdown was previously not a problem for oh, a year? Then they made it a problem. We shouldn't cheer that they've backtracked, although perhaps some mild golf applause might encourage them to one day roll back ghost heat.

Lulz, to all of it.

#184 Silent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostHeffay, on 30 October 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

The vast majority of the community has no idea that those people even exist. They are out there just playing the game and having fun.

Until this community's population starts plummeting.

#185 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostSilent, on 30 October 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Until this community's population starts plummeting.

You've been saying that for 6 months, yet there are more people participating on the forums than ever, and the game is setting records for concurrent users playing.

#186 Silent

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

You've been following my posts for six months do you have a crush on me or something

#187 The Unknown Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 29 October 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hey hey! Don't be knocking general consensus as the true arbiter of truthiness! Without it, the Earth STILL couldn't be the center of the universe, flat and with land bridges on the back of a giant turtle ridden by Atlas! So you watch yourself buster, or the demons that cause earthquakes will level your city.

Don't even make me explain where acid rain comes from.....just accept that the Gawds are p!ssed off!

#188 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostChronojam, on 30 October 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I used to have problems where I would load into a match then everything would freeze and my game would hang.

Fast forward to now, I don't get this problem anymore.

Tinfoil hat time. I have a feeling that adding the timer and forcing the client to click the ready button is somehow part of fixing my hang problem. I didn't hear this from a dev, I don't have access to source code or their bugtracking log, but I noticed the problem a lot before the ready button and not once since the ready button.

If the above is even slightly true, then the not having a ready button WAS a problem.

Anyway, having "zero perspective" cracked me up because all of us have "zero perspective" when it comes to the inner workings of the game or the decisions PGI and crew makes.

Have a good one!

#189 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostHeffay, on 30 October 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

The vast majority of the community has no idea that those people even exist. They are out there just playing the game and having fun.

True, but it depends on what we define as "community". In this case , I mean all of us who are here to keep up with MWO development which includes all the regular posters and the many thousands who read but do not post. I would say that represents the interested segment of the community. That said, posts like his are all too common negative noise that drowns out constructive insight such as yours.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 30 October 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#190 Auggie Barrenechea

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLethbridge, AB

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

I think more folks in the community should be applying for jobs with PGi. Then that way more of their complaints might be heard better... Can't we all just be happy? Oh, wait... it's the net... Silly me.

#191 Silent

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostAuggie Barrenechea, on 30 October 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

I think more folks in the community should be applying for jobs with PGi. Then that way more of their complaints might be heard better... Can't we all just be happy? Oh, wait... it's the net... Silly me.

Why don't you

#192 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostSilent, on 30 October 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Why don't you

Oh snap!

#193 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostHeffay, on 30 October 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

and the game is setting records for concurrent users playing.

Wuuuuttt we are being told numbers now? MADNESS!

hmmmm seems I dont have the "players online" module installed yet.

#194 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 29 October 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

<3 <3 <3 YAY!

All we need now is a caustic varient, night time please.

Acid storm! You take damage in it and have to run for cover. Or...night, I guess.

#195 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 30 October 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Acid storm! You take damage in it and have to run for cover. Or...night, I guess.

Funnily enough, not a new idea. Of course, PGI has yet to nail down the easier things about maps, so that's a no, for now at least.

#196 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 30 October 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Wuuuuttt we are being told numbers now? MADNESS!

hmmmm seems I dont have the "players online" module installed yet.

Well, it came from PGI through a tweet. But I'm sure you'll discount it as irrelevant.

You know what would TOTALLY be legitimate? A counter that was incrementing that was labeled "number of players online". Nobody would EVER doubt the validity of those numbers. It's like... a law or something.

#197 Blue Footed Booby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationHere?

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostHeffay, on 30 October 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Well, it came from PGI through a tweet. But I'm sure you'll discount it as irrelevant.

You know what would TOTALLY be legitimate? A counter that was incrementing that was labeled "number of players online". Nobody would EVER doubt the validity of those numbers. It's like... a law or something.

PGI posted a claim that there are record numbers of players, but I've never seen a number. Got a link?

#198 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostBlue Footed Booby, on 30 October 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

PGI posted a claim that there are record numbers of players, but I've never seen a number. Got a link?

Not having a number doesn't discount the statement that there are record numbers of concurrent users. What does the number give you if you had it? Would you believe it if you saw it?

Asking for the number is just a red herring. It is irrelevant. Either you believe that PGI is telling the truth on that statement, or you don't.

#199 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostHeffay, on 30 October 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Not having a number doesn't discount the statement that there are record numbers of concurrent users. What does the number give you if you had it? Would you believe it if you saw it?

Asking for the number is just a red herring. It is irrelevant. Either you believe that PGI is telling the truth on that statement, or you don't.

I think we all know that it was because of the Overlord Package. And it was a patch day.

A player counter like what we had in CB could alleviate us of this discussion.

Why don't you tweet them this request Heffay and report back to us with their answer?

#200 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

There are no numbers being published. Bryan explicitly answered that question in the 3 part prelaunch podcast.

Paraphrased, "The reality of the gaming market is such that those numbers would be useful to competitors. Also, it would not serve the community except only to invite more doubt and ranting from haters regardless if the numbers are true or not. When PGI has numbers that would be useful information to the community but not to competitors then those might be published. Until then, no."

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users