3 replies to this topic

#1 mareNight

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

Perhaps this has been discussed before, but I’d like to suggest an idea concerning rewards for playing in general. I think it would be a neat way to supplement CB/XP rewards with a roll on items after each match. Obviously items would be weighed so you’re not constantly walking away with an XL engine after each match.

Perhaps not all items are options, but something neat would be armor pieces. It would be nice if you could collect enough to cover the cost of switching to endo steel for example. Heatsinks would be another idea, collect enough double HS’s to reduce the cost etc. Otherwise these items could be collected or sold.

Weapons and ammo would be nice things to find. Of course an engine would be better, but I’d expect that to be 2% of the time if at all.

I would hate to exclude the bounty to just the winning team, but it would make sense for them to receive loot, but I already feel like losing yields way to little. I would hope that after a match everyone gets a piece of salvage that over time provides a benefit.

#2 Kaling of Titans

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Maybe if the salvaged items where a one time use deal. Otherwise, there would be no point to the shop system for weapons.

#3 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

I love this idea for the introduction to Clan Tech.

But as Kaling pointed out, We can't have items salvaged that you can just buy in the shop.

We are Lucky the Economy isn't in place. Where you have to re-buy armor and Ammo after every drop. Never mind if you lost your XL...

But back to the Idea; Being able to take home actual living parts would be cool. I'd like to see Trophies as well. Imagine you shoot out the right torso of an Atlus. The right arm should still be intact! So why couldn't you keep that as a trophy or maybe, As a repair booster. (IE: if economy came back, and you ever lost your atluses Right arm, you don't have to pay for the repairs. you already have a replacement)

But Overall this should be in place for non-shop obtainable items. Meaning Clantech, or any other "Lostech" items. However this could go poorly as well. I would HATE to see Crate and Loot that has to be opened by "Golden Keys" much like TF2. That would kill things for me.

#4 mareNight

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

True, I hadn't considered the implications of its effect on the shop system. I do like the idea it being items otherwise not obtained from the shop. Though, I can't recall the game, but when you found items, the items then became available for purchase from your shop.
Something Earthsiege had which I think was cool is that you could build a mech. Took several missions and then eventually you’d have a new mech to use. I vaguely recall needing designs or material to begin and progress. Might be a neat way to introduce a clan mech. Slowly find pieces and apply them to building a mech. Bigger the mech, more pieces needed. Could do something silly and make you buy the plans first with a large amount of CBills. Or better yet, tie it into an in depth and long progression system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users