One Shots

6 replies to this topic

#1 Roosterfish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

My suggestion is to have more one use items that work like Cool Shot.

A one shot LRM, SRM, or AC. It's attached to arm or shoulder, shoot it, and then the launcher/zip gun is jettisoned.

A one use Jump Jet, basically JTOL for mechs you use once then it's done.

#2 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

One-shot missile launchers exist in canon, as do jump packs. One shot launchers, however, do not use anything analogous to the consumable item mechanic, though one could fake the funk with hand carried weapons (yes, you can do that in TT, but the rules are a bit obscure).

#3 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

IIRC OS launchers kinda sucked. They were full tonnage for the weapon itself, plus a half-ton for "ammo" for the one shot, when for a half ton and a crit slot more you could have a fully functional launcher.

#4 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

I like the idea of a single shot consumable weapon, but it would need to be worth it. Maybe if there was such a thing as a Streak 8 it would be viable for me; something that would give me an offensive or defensive edge.

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 01 November 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

IIRC OS launchers kinda sucked. They were full tonnage for the weapon itself, plus a half-ton for "ammo" for the one shot, when for a half ton and a crit slot more you could have a fully functional launcher.

Yup. Under higher level rules you had teh iOS launchers (improved one-shot) that simply weighed as much as the launcher.

There is also the Rocket Launcher, a one shot weapon which comes in 10, 15, and 20 packs. Not terribly accurate and the range varies, but light (the 10 pack is only half a ton).

#6 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostEscef, on 01 November 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Yup. Under higher level rules you had teh iOS launchers (improved one-shot) that simply weighed as much as the launcher.

There is also the Rocket Launcher, a one shot weapon which comes in 10, 15, and 20 packs. Not terribly accurate and the range varies, but light (the 10 pack is only half a ton).

Oh right I forgot about iOS and rockets. I was already drifting from TT by the time those came out. I do remember having some fun with some OS MRM custom designs but we may have house ruled those in.

#7 PenitentTangent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostLauLiao, on 01 November 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Actually, the one shot launchers were half tonnage and there was no weight penalty for the ammo. Most of the weight for the launcher is removed because the modular ammunition feeds for loading the weapons were taken out.

EDIT: wait, nvm. This was for only the Arrow IV one-shot launcher. My mistake.

Edited by PenitentTangent, 02 November 2013 - 10:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users