Not Sure Which Assault Class To Start With... Misery?

29 replies to this topic

#21 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostDamoadius, on 03 November 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

I havent run this build as of yet so I cant tell you ahow it will go in a firefight... YET. Im topping up my MC soon and getting it for next patch day.

You know you can buy heroes any time, right? Doesn't have to be patch day. That's just Phoenix.

#22 Damoadius

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAustralia.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 03 November 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

You know you can buy heroes any time, right? Doesn't have to be patch day. That's just Phoenix.

/facepalm...

Just topped up my MC. Waiting to get time to get Misery and start work on her \m/

Now... What to do with my remaining MC?! 6.699 left...

#23 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:09 AM

MISERY

Another brutal build I've seen. Tougher on the heat but that is some serious firepower with trigger discipline.

Man, I want to buy one of these things so bad. Been waiting for a sale, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out lol.

#24 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:14 AM

View PostDamoadius, on 03 November 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

/facepalm...

Just topped up my MC. Waiting to get time to get Misery and start work on her \m/

Now... What to do with my remaining MC?! 6.699 left...

Buy the Heavy metal.

#25 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

View Postaniviron, on 02 November 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Oh, and unless you find yourself getting hit by missiles a LOT, the AMS probably isn't worth it. In general, it's better to just play smart and avoid getting hit at all; the AMS won't make a dent in a cloud of 60+ missiles, and anything less means it's probably just a single LRM15 or smaller, which isn't worth devoting 2.5 tons to.

Posted Image

I looooooooove coming across people who don't have AMS equipped when I'm running my 6xLRM5+Artemis Catapult build! :) ;) :D

Edited by NuclearPanda, 05 November 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#26 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

Misery's gobs of fun, but the Stalker is generally a finicky monster until you're used to it. You have to be really tactical and you have to constantly be aware that, from the side, you're basically a gigantic blimp that can be shot from across the map with ease.

If you aren't used to Stalkers, that can be a huge shock. If you are, the Misery is a great mech (before the heat nerf, I had 2 ERPPCs, AC20, and MPL; now I run AC20, 4ML, and 1 ERLL). With the Misery, however you build it out, use that ballistic slot for the largest ballistic possible (so AC20 or Gauss) or you might as well just go with a regular Stalker and do a missile or laser boat.

Beyond Miseries and Stalkers, the Victor seems to be a great mech - because of their mobility and balanced weapon load-outs, they seem to last a long time. They almost act like a Medium in movement with an Assault's firepower/armor.

[edit: I always run AMS on my mechs, even the little ones, with very few exceptions (ones with ECM)]

Edited by Dawnstealer, 05 November 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#27 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 05 November 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

I looooooooove coming across people who don't have AMS equipped when I'm running my 6xLRM5+Artemis Catapult build! :) ;) :D

Funny, I love coming across 6xLRM5 builds. Under 500m? Easy to close distance and then I get to spend my time lining up a headshot at 150m. Over 500m? Thank goodness solid objects stop LRMs from hitting my mech.

#28 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 05 November 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

View PostDawnstealer, on 05 November 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

[edit: I always run AMS on my mechs, even the little ones, with very few exceptions (ones with ECM)]

AMS is a great tool until you learn to use cover. Then it is wasted tonnage. (EDIT: Well, not quite wasted, but far less effective than another HS and armor/C.A.S.E. would be IMO.)

Depends on your ELO bracket too. LRM's are almost non-existent the higher up you go.

Edited by Roughneck45, 05 November 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#29 Damoadius

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAustralia.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

I have purchased the Misery \m/

Oh. Your. God... Its amazing.

Took me awhile to get used to arms not turning. And how to mitigate as much armour up front as possible. But after that, Ive run consistent 500+ dmg using this mech as a sniper.

Current loadout - Std300. Ac/10(I know I know, this should be a 20 according to you guys, I prefer the range of the 10) 2xPPC, 2x ML. I actually had that 4xLLs loadout before i swapped to this one Roughneck :P

Admittedly, yes. It does run hot in a firefight. Im usually 3rd line defense so its not usually an issue. Absolutely loving this mech. As for AMS.... Ive stopped using it. I have a sincerely severe disdain for missiles... But that extra few tonnes is FAR more handy on a DHS or more ammo.

I appreciate all of your help \m/
Happy Hunting

#30 Damoadius

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAustralia.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Oh and F*** you're a funny f***** aniviron xD SO TRUE!!!!

(Excuse my swearing.... I'm Australian.... I blanked it out for you guys at MwO... Telling an Aussie NOT to swear is like asking a Canadian to NOT to have maple syrup... EVER AGAIN!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users