3 replies to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

NARC Missile Beacon needs to be more like it is in Battletech. Maybe not the no-lock-on missile tracking, but it should at least make LRMs fire-and-forget once they are locked on. Right now there is no justification to carrying such a heavy, complex system, that does no more than TAG.

So, for MWO, consider NARC Beacon making LRMs fire-and-forget, once they are locked on.

#2 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

^^^^ this

#3 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

Narc could be better.

Narc itself should lock (or dumbfire if not locked). I like the idea of it allowing for fire and forget LRMs, though Artemis overrides it (I think it does in TT too).

Honestly, NARC and TAG should be the bonuses that don't stack, not NARC and Artemis.

#4 FerrolupisXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 502 posts
  • LocationCatapult Cockpit

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

i've never read anything Canon wise that says Artemis and NARC shouldn't stack, particularly when out of LOS (HIGHLY likely if you're locking on a NARC beacon) i've never understood why they let TAG and Artemis stack but not Artemis and NARC.

I'd say allowing me to lock, and then forget it after i fire would be fine, as with current mechanics you aren't getting more than one volley like that because the NARC will fall off. so your light would need to reacquire and narc the enemy AGAIN anyways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users