#1 Vajrabhairava

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEurope/germany

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:14 AM

Hey out 2 every1 once again:).
This time I would like to suggest an enhancement in sensor capacity. To react/interact with other new features and diversify the sensoric options of mech pilots I would suggest the following two new sensor types/modes:

EM-sensor
Based on electro-magnetics this sensor mode reads the magnetic field of the surrounding environment (usually a constant factor) and detecting the specific magnetic signature of steel loaded mechs. Sensor is passiv with no responding radar echo so could possibly used without alerting opponent and while shutdown due to minimal energy consumption.

Ultra sonic sensor
A bat-like accoustic ultra high frequency ping giving back an echo-pattern reflecting the dimensional shape of close surrounding. Shorter in range than radar and active through audio-ping (could passivly be located) the us-sensor would work where heat and night vision would fail, i.e. in a very dark and hot subterrean environment with strong em interferences making all other sensor modes useless.

All comments are welcome. Please support and like thread. Thank you very much.

#2 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostVajrabhairava, on 03 November 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

All comments are welcome. Please support and like thread. Thank you very much.

Sensors. All of them. :P

#3 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

EM sensors in the CBT universe typically are used to detect a mech's fusion reactor, which puts out WAY more EM than the skeleton ever could. Even a "shut down" reactor still has containment fields and such to maintain the reaction mass. Overall, you're talking about something that would obsolete Seismic sensors in actual game play, and I can't get behind that.

Edited by Escef, 03 November 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#4 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

There is a battlemech sensor that detects metal I can;t think what it called but they do have one. Would be nice to have some kind of sensor to lock on ECM equipped Atlas that are setting out in plain sit but you can't target them with missile since you have no lock. The beagle is to short range and I really not wasting a energy slot for tag.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users