#21 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 November 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

TT BattleTech. What you o at our table is of on consequence, but for official events, you bet the Makers have a heavy hand in how the game is run.

I think he means overall video games

#22 P e n u m b r a

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 November 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Clans still bid
Clans still conserved resources.
It is the clan way of combat.
Anything less... You are not playing the clans.

How zellbrigen is interpreted depends not only on the individual, but their parent Clan as a whole. At one end of the spectrum, the rules are strictly followed, the only exception being when fighting bandits, pirates or the most hated of enemies. At the opposite end, is figuratively "thrown out the airlock" and used only against other Clan warriors, and even then only when there is an advantage over them. In between are varying levels of adherence; for example, is followed unless circumstances dictated otherwise, such as being outnumbered or thinking one could get away with breaking it[

looks like an agreement to me... back in your Steiner recliner

Edited by Le0yo, 05 November 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#23 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

But a community wouldn't be able to police itself.

For example: I break Zellbriggen and steal somebody's kill.

What is that person supposed to do? Will he have video-evidence? Does he have witnesses? Does he have a battle-log? And which judicial authority will he address? When will be the trial?

A human judiciary wouldn't work. We need some rules in the program that say "You are normally not allowed to do that, but these exceptions apply."

#24 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

How zellbrigen is interpreted depends not only on the individual, but their parent Clan as a whole. At one end of the spectrum, the rules are strictly followed, the only exception being when fighting bandits, pirates or the most hated of enemies. At the opposite end, is figuratively "thrown out the airlock" and used only against other Clan warriors, and even then only when there is an advantage over them. In between are varying levels of adherence; for example, is followed unless circumstances dictated otherwise, such as being outnumbered or thinking one could get away with breaking it

View PostLe0yo, on 05 November 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

looks like an agreement to me... back in your Steiner recliner
The Parent Clan is Presided over by the DEVs. They say what your Clans Honor is. The only Autonomous Command will be Mercs, an I will lay odds that they will have to answer to the MRBC(DEVs). No if you are playing a Canon faction/unit you will be/should be held to playing it properly... Loyalty points.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 06 November 2013 - 04:41 AM.

#25 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostDI3T3R, on 06 November 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

But a community wouldn't be able to police itself.

For example: I break Zellbriggen and steal somebody's kill.

What is that person supposed to do? Will he have video-evidence? Does he have witnesses? Does he have a battle-log? And which judicial authority will he address? When will be the trial?

A human judiciary wouldn't work. We need some rules in the program that say "You are normally not allowed to do that, but these exceptions apply."

If you play with OR/AND against a Clan player-run unit, any violation of Clan honor may be handled internally. Btw, if a Clan warrior violates Zellbrigen, a Clan commander may decide to abandone it and start a Grand Melee.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users