Target Ping Module

2 replies to this topic

#1 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

So this tag thing is great. One incy wincy problem. Its range is terrible.

So suppose I'm a mech and I like rock climbing getting a tactical view over the entire map from somewhere way up high. However, I don't like just shooting things from my vantage point since then I give my position and everyone shoots back at me. Using tag in this situation would be nice, but a little cheap.

Proposed Solution: A new module similar to tag (maybe just call it advanced tag so it does both, but is 3x expensive), but instead of actually allowing you to target the enemy so that your allies can use lrm's etc... it simply 'pings their location making it show up briefly on radar before disappearing (not able to actually lock missiles on etc...). Additionally in the' battle map it places a ping marker that lasts for about 5 seconds before fading away. This allows you to give your team mates a good idea of where the enemy is, without having to spend extra time trying to figure out where exactly on the grid they are when they're at least 2000 meters out and your vantage point is kind of funky. You just point click and then your done. This way the enemy doesn't start shooting me back, cause they don't know I did anything and helps my teams strategy become more viable. Additionally, if you try to ping something that isn't there, it still shows up meaning that you could be potentially feeding your team false information.

Edited by Darth Futuza, 05 November 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#2 Firewuff

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

Bap+ advanced sensor range + text chat already do all of this.

#3 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Too slow though. Have to type it out yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users