- - - - -

Ts3 Probs

26 replies to this topic

#21 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

View PostEldane, on 05 November 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

the mic mute icon shows me muted

I see two possibilites there: Either you have muted yourself (and can then unmute yourself in the "Self" menu), or the channel admin has muted you (which you can't do anything about besides trying to persuade them to unmute you).

BTW, did anyone else have issues with TS3 connection yesterday? "hostname lookup failed for <ts3 server name>" on and off all evening for me...

#22 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

No probs with the Marik Enjin TS3. Dunno about any others, as I didn't connect to anything else yesterday.

#23 Eldane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

I'll work on this a little more today with some of your suggestions guys. Thanks in advance!

I ended up dropping with my friends who use c3 and had to scrap trying to get ts to like me lol

My gf is asleep atm so I am unable to work on it right now..

#24 Ian Grahame

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

Something here might help. http://www.201ststry...t-up-teamspeak/

#25 Eldane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

So turning on mic boost(on my pc) made it so that I can hear myself when I "test" in ts...is there a similar option in ts itself?

I haven't had a chance to test it with real people yet, but maybe my mic isn't good enough for ts hehe

I may need to adjust for c3 when I use it but I think that may have solved my problems, possibly.

#26 Kekkone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

The only option related to capture volume was in options -> capture -> advanced options -> Automatic voice gain control. Try it out but it might not affect anything.

Sounds weird that your capture device volume is so low. Every VOIP program i've ever used with crappy 10€ headsets has registered speech fine without microphone boost. Boost usually just distorts speech beyond acceptable levels, so i'd advise keeping it off if at all possible.

Good luck with your troubleshooting!

#27 Kaosity

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNapping in a cockpit

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostEldane, on 10 November 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

So turning on mic boost(on my pc) made it so that I can hear myself when I "test" in ts...is there a similar option in ts itself? I haven't had a chance to test it with real people yet, but maybe my mic isn't good enough for ts hehe I may need to adjust for c3 when I use it but I think that may have solved my problems, possibly.

This is from Win7 Professional, but I'm sure it is similar for other versions.

On the right side of the desktop task bar right click the speaker icon and select "Recording devices". You should see a microphone if you have one connected (if not, forget the rest of this post). Select (left click) the microphone. Select "Properties". In the "General" tab you can make it your default recording device. In the "Levels" tab you can select both the amount of microphone gain and boost on sliders (hint: leave boost at 0.0 dB or you'll sound like an echo chamber). I'll let you explore the other 3 tabs (Listen, Enhancements, and Advanced) for yourself.

Note: This is for Realtek hardware/drivers on Win7 Prof. Your interface may be somewhat different, but I hope it is similar enough for this to be helpful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users