#1 Troa Barton

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 356 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUS

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

I have been scouring this website for a statement requarding Youtube and Streaming content.

Alli have to go on is this quote from a site admin Kyle polulak:
"Let me be _very_ clear, regardless of what support says as long as it's your footage, you can do as you please as long as you don't:
  • With the footage suggest that Piranha Games Inc, Infinite Game Publishing, MechWarrior brand supports, endorses or otherwise is associated with you and/or your brand.
  • You can monetize any footage that you film _yourself_, using other peoples footage or any of our promotional material would prohibit you from monetizing your video.
  • As always refer to a lawyer when dealing with money, MechWarrior Online's forums are not lawyers. ;)"
Well this is unfortunately not enough for youtube. I need a legal statement that directly states this.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

You will likely need to shoot support and E-mail and have them escalate it to the appropriate people to get an official statement added to the web site. It likely won't be done quickly though.

#3 Troa Barton

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 356 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUS

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

I have sent an email as well hopefully either the site admins or the support team will address this. Youtube has flagged one of my current 196 videos aimed at MWO saying that i do not have adequate permission to use this gameplay footage. Since this may effect future uploads, i need to have this statement outlined.

In particular this video:

Content warning: I do not sensor myself, in fact i make it a point not to, my videos are real and honest footage from my cockpit. view at your own discretion.

Edited by Troa Barton, 06 November 2013 - 01:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users