Lrms - No Longer Track To Target...?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Colonel Tequila

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

Have others noticed that LRMs no longer track to target....??

The example given is. Lock Target, Fire volley, lose lock, relock.

The missiles will track on the initial volley, however when you relock the missiles become dumb and don't reacquire there initial target.

Mech used: AWS-8R, Artemis LRM 15s, TAG.

Did i fail to read a patch note change or are LRMs now bugged, w/o the relock feature missiles are v.poor.

Edited by Colonel Tequila, 09 December 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#2 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

i have also noticed this, once you lose lock, even if you re acquire lock the missile will no longer track...

but given the new spawn locations, lrm's have been fading out rapidly... Return of old faithful PPC

#3 Colonel Tequila

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

This issue appears to be persisting - anyone else having tracking issues with LRMs - if so which mech and which LRM racks are you using ??

#4 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

I noticed this but assumed it was 'working as intended' and carried on.

#5 Arkus Bethla

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

I don't see this ... I have noticed often when I lose lock the missiles run straight / unguided; if I regain lock the missiles all of a sudden redirect ... presumably toward target. How effective the missiles are in contacting the target is anyone's guess because half the time the paper doll is telling falsehoods or reporting someone else's damage.

To be fair, the majority of the time I rely on my own locks or team members in team-speak, not pug locks in order to conserve ammo. I suspect that there could be hit registration issues with indirect fire locks - where an indirect lock is reporting to you AFTER the friendly has lost lock so it appears like the missiles do not track the lock but the server isn't seeing the lock so its as intended on the back end.

I have run missiles lately on Catapult, Battlemaster, stalker and trebuchet frames and have no problems doing respectable damage with direct and indirect fire. I run Tag + Artemis + Target Delay modules. I rarely fire missiles if the target is > 800m away, you can't really expect a redirect to hit the target given slow missile speed and max range 1000m.

#6 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

I've tried to lock on BattleMechs, but it loses track every five seconds. It renders LRM Boats useless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users