#21 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

View Postgavilatius, on 07 November 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

Brian Eckman is ******* lying when it comes to smurfy, it's so easy a 5 year old can understand. Hell, it's 90% just like the Mechwarrior 3 Mechlab

I think the Mechlab has been pretty much easy to use in the other MW games. It's just MWO that has needlessly complicated that (and further complicated in UI 2.0). Other than trying to explain what stuff does in the mechlab or what each weapon does (you know, TUTORIALS), PGI has to go back in time and reinvent the wheel.

It's almost as if they've never seen the MW2, MW3, MW4 mechlabs. ALL of them are so easy, anyone can figure out how to build their mech pretty quickly.

UI2.0 is the one that needs to be scrapped, and once again Brian the Cicada-man doesn't know what he is talking about.

Cicada-man is actually Garth.

#22 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

View Postarmyunit, on 07 November 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

/Thread

Thats not exactly "humanoid" or controversial.... upright legs instead of digitigrade[color=#373737] [/color]legs would make the Jenner "humanoid". Itd be neat for the Urbanmech to finally make it but I'm guessing its going to be another originally "Unseen" mech, or something that looks more human, like the Warhammer, Rifleman*, Phoenix Hawk, Wasp, etc. any others that are humanoid from the formerly "Unseen" list . If its not one of those then idk it'll probably be another mech that no one is really expecting, just like with the Kintaro, they've been picking mechs that haven't really had the limelight in previous titles.

*just an example, it would be redundant to have it [Rifleman] and the Jagermech

* I also say formerly unseen, because just look at project phoenix.

#23 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 07 November 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

or they could pull a fast one and give us a Thorn

#24 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

View Postgavilatius, on 07 November 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

oh my god its so ugly its cool looking

#25 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 07 November 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

Thats not exactly "humanoid" or controversial.... upright legs instead of digitigrade[color=#373737] [/color]legs would make the Jenner "humanoid". Itd be neat for the Urbanmech to finally make it but I'm guessing its going to be another originally "Unseen" mech, or something that looks more human, like the Warhammer, Rifleman*, Phoenix Hawk, Wasp, etc. any others that are humanoid from the formerly "Unseen" list . If its not one of those then idk it'll probably be another mech that no one is really expecting, just like with the Kintaro, they've been picking mechs that haven't really had the limelight in previous titles.

Think I'm with Peiper here -- the description given sounds an awful lot like the Firestarter... ;)

#26 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostBanky, on 07 November 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Think I'm with Peiper here -- the description given sounds an awful lot like the Firestarter... ;)

Here is hoping - Firestarter is near the top of my wishlist XD
Right next to the Urbie >_>

#27 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

So it appears that sometime next year is 3 weeks after launch on Canadian calendars. And people really think we will see any bit of CW within 6 months of launch. ;)

#28 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostBanky, on 07 November 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Think I'm with Peiper here -- the description given sounds an awful lot like the Firestarter... :)

View PostShar Wolf, on 07 November 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Here is hoping - Firestarter is near the top of my wishlist XD
Right next to the Urbie >_>

Only problem is, almost no one uses flamers, and with their near complete useless-ness other than blinding people you've got the majority of Firestarter builds using flamers [stock]. Yea, "oh but you can pull the flamers out and put other stuff in there", then what would have been the point of the Firestarter, if its just "Gunbag Warrior Online", you could've put in another mech that does that same thing or better. Well they wouldn't have to, since the Jenner and Cicada [even though its a medium] have builds like that already. The only hints were "specialty mech, controversial, and humanoid".

Below in spoiler, I've crossed out Firestarter builds due to technology restrictions and/or time restrictions.

Spoiler

Yea, you get 6 variants out of it, which is a good amount. However you've got 2 other mechs that definitely do a better job than it. But the same thing could be said for a lot of the mechs. Although, I'm just not understanding where this whisper on the wind came from that said firestarter, from: "specialty mech, humanoid, controversial".The vast majority of mechs are "specialty mechs", a large number of them are "humanoid" and a good number are "controversial". If its controversial I'd put a big bet on it being another formerly unseen. Firestarter might make it, but the magical conclusion that "thats gotta be it" is rather silly. I mean hell I thought the Flea was going to be the "next mech" 3 times now, imagine how I felt seeing a Kintaro or whatever some of the others were. Now I will say that it has a tiny small miniscule chance to be a Firestarter. But go look at all the "humanoid" mechs, that have a "specialty role" and then narrow them down to "controversial", and then see which of them is a light mech.

View PostRG Notch, on 07 November 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

So it appears that sometime next year is 3 weeks after launch on Canadian calendars. And people really think we will see any bit of CW within 6 months of launch. :rolleyes:

Well they do put milk in bags....

#29 tommilator

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationZealand, Denmark

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

Did they hide the november CDU over at Ngng?

PGI should get a management that doesnt see work as a hobby between vacations.

#30 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

View Posttommilator, on 07 November 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

Did they hide the november CDU over at Ngng?

PGI should get a management that doesnt see work as a hobby between vacations.

I'm leaning towards... it'll be delayed. Bryan is not @ PGI for some event IIRC.

Edited by Deathlike, 07 November 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#31 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 06 November 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

First of all, THANK YOU, for doing this.

Second: I think this is the image they were referring to. It is in the UI2.0 command chair post with all the mock-up images, but I suppose they're still taking the info in from them and putting them into the UI.
Posted Image

Yep thats what I'd like to use. But I played with this kind of mechlab since MW2 and MW3 (where you still had to switch sections).
It just need to be there to see if everything is where it should be, or if you have a ton of armor/ammo where you don't want it ;)

#32 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

I'm kind of worried with the rate they've been adding/fixing content for UI2.0. Latest test didn't even have the camo spec stuff Bryan tweeted and it says Decals will be in BEFORE UI2.0 and that could be months!

#33 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

View PostEdweird, on 01 December 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

I'm kind of worried with the rate they've been adding/fixing content for UI2.0. Latest test didn't even have the camo spec stuff Bryan tweeted and it says Decals will be in BEFORE UI2.0 and that could be months!

38:00 Q: Decals soon?
Part of rendering team workload. After Dx11, not before UI 2.0.

Checking Bryan's Twitter stream, I don't see any mention that we'd get decals BEFORE UI 2.0. I do remember him saying that decals are another layer of graphics that must be applied over the current skins, and must also be compatible with the damage effects shown on a mech. The rendering engineers/programmers who would be working on that kind of stuff are currently 100% involved with implementing Dx11. When they are done, they will have time to work on decals. HOWEVER this little team will also have to work on SLI/Crossfire stuff too. So, don't expect decals any time soon. Certainly not until after Dx11, and most likely not until UI 2.0 is out. As a further comment, I do believe that when people asked about decals - I don't recall if it is in this interview or not - he said there would be a selection of decals units can choose from, and that personal/private unit decals would be well on down the road (you know, when computers are rendered obsolete).

Personally, I care less about decals and about this monstrosity of a UI 2.0 mechlab. I really think they are slowly, achingly slowly drawing out the release of the mechlab and UI 2.0 not because they can't create a streamlined, intuitive, smurfy mechlab for us but because the really don't have a freaking clue on how they're going to implement Community Warfare. They KNOW the success and longevity of this game rely on the depth and functionality of inner sphere wars. But as Russ explains in his last big NGNG interview: these guys are console game developers. Such games are for short-attention span twitchy pimply children who could care less about a galactic map and more about their kill-death ratio. It's part of the reason they disregarded or otherwise were inept at responding to the feedback of the traditional PC gaming/old mechwarrior community so far. They don't understand the depth of what they dived into. But they're learning, painfully and slowly like most people.

Ever

so

slowly...

Edited by Peiper, 01 December 2013 - 02:23 AM.

#34 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

Whoops! I meant it the other way round lol
Yeah, after UI2.0.

That could mean we will get UI2.0 before DX11.

Yes, UI2.0 looks great but is clunky as hell - in a nutshell.

I liked that they said that Loyalty Point unlocks will allow you to have canon camo schemes unlocked and such.
That seems nice.

Edited by Edweird, 01 December 2013 - 03:04 AM.

#35 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

The lack of progress on ui 2.0 over the last month is worrisome. I didn't test it myself but I tested the first version and almost nothing seems to have changed. What have they been doing all that time?

Edited by Sybreed, 01 December 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#36 Rhys Erlykov

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

Back end code for plugging in the CW metagame things, most likely.

#37 Boozlebean

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBloomington

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

I'm actually convinced that PGI will deliver an awesome product with UI2.0 and the new CW (hah). What we have so far is awesome. I can't imagine the 'mechs looking any better than they do, huge props to Flyingdebris and the rest of the visual team for that. MWO has to consider that a new player could join at any time, and if they put out a buggy product and that's the first thing a new player sees, that could seriously hurt the title's reputation, which would be bad for those who already play.

PGI may be small, but when they implement a feature, they're professional about it. Let them take their time and ensure that each new feature is as well thought out and executed as the rest of the game. In the meantime, enjoy the highly balanced PvP Battletechy stomp fest. It can only get better.

#38 Xendojo

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationThe Frequencies

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostBoozlebean, on 02 December 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

I'm actually convinced that PGI will deliver an awesome product with UI2.0 and the new CW (hah). What we have so far is awesome. I can't imagine the 'mechs looking any better than they do, huge props to Flyingdebris and the rest of the visual team for that. MWO has to consider that a new player could join at any time, and if they put out a buggy product and that's the first thing a new player sees, that could seriously hurt the title's reputation, which would be bad for those who already play.

PGI may be small, but when they implement a feature, they're professional about it. Let them take their time and ensure that each new feature is as well thought out and executed as the rest of the game. In the meantime, enjoy the highly balanced PvP Battletechy stomp fest. It can only get better.

Sorry to be a downer......but are you new here? You must be, because the fiascoes of the past are obviously not burnt into your memory, like they are in mine.

And to be perfectly honest, professionals don't set dates then miss them.....repeatedly. Then go silent about the fact, and leave the player base wondering.

I understand your enthusiasm, i was once just as enthusiastic. But too many times i have had expectations set, by PGI, and then not delivered on.

It gets old.....faster than you expect.

/ontopic

Well done Peiper as always. Thank you for doing PGI's forum work for them.

#39 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

View Postgavilatius, on 07 November 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

I'm allready here.

#40 Silent

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostRhys Erlykov, on 01 December 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Back end code for plugging in the CW metagame things, most likely.

According to the recent announcement about the state of the game they just now finished roadmapping everything that the engineers need to do to start implementing Community Warfare.

So no, that's not what they've been doing they haven't even started that part of development yet.

Edited by Silent, 05 December 2013 - 08:22 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users