#41 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

Some day we'll have CW. Until then, patience is a virtue. It's not like your life is on hold waiting for CW.

Go play the dogfighting module in Star Citizen while you wait. That should help pass the time while you wait for CW.

#42 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,726 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostBoozlebean, on 02 December 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

I'm actually convinced that PGI will deliver an awesome product with UI2.0 and the new CW (hah). What we have so far is awesome. I can't imagine the 'mechs looking any better than they do, huge props to Flyingdebris and the rest of the visual team for that. MWO has to consider that a new player could join at any time, and if they put out a buggy product and that's the first thing a new player sees, that could seriously hurt the title's reputation, which would be bad for those who already play.

PGI may be small, but when they implement a feature, they're professional about it. Let them take their time and ensure that each new feature is as well thought out and executed as the rest of the game. In the meantime, enjoy the highly balanced PvP Battletechy stomp fest. It can only get better.

Heeeey your'e new right?

#43 r4plez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 812 posts
  • LocationFoundry

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 05 December 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

View PostBoozlebean, on 02 December 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

I'm actually convinced that PGI will deliver an awesome product with UI2.0 and the new CW (hah). What we have so far is awesome. I can't imagine the 'mechs looking any better than they do, huge props to Flyingdebris and the rest of the visual team for that. MWO has to consider that a new player could join at any time, and if they put out a buggy product and that's the first thing a new player sees, that could seriously hurt the title's reputation, which would be bad for those who already play.

PGI may be small, but when they implement a feature, they're professional about it. Let them take their time and ensure that each new feature is as well thought out and executed as the rest of the game. In the meantime, enjoy the highly balanced PvP Battletechy stomp fest. It can only get better.

Heeeey your'e new right?

Developer in disguise.. or naive newbe

Edited by r4plez, 09 December 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#44 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

My little prediction on page 1 of this thread is looking rather prescient. Call me Mr Nostradamus.

#45 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

View PostRhys Erlykov, on 01 December 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Back end code for plugging in the CW metagame things, most likely.

I agree, going from what MechWarrior is now, to what they are hinting it is going to be is a huge step to say the least. I am not surprised this is taking a lot of time. I think there is a learning curve for them also which adds to the amount of time needed.

But another really great game was very recently released by some of the best and most experienced anywhere and they say it took them 7 years to get it to where it is now....

#46 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 11 December 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

I agree, going from what MechWarrior is now, to what they are hinting it is going to be is a huge step to say the least. I am not surprised this is taking a lot of time. I think there is a learning curve for them also which adds to the amount of time needed.

But another really great game was very recently released by some of the best and most experienced anywhere and they say it took them 7 years to get it to where it is now....

What game?

Edited by cSand, 11 December 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#47 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostPeiper, on 06 November 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

30:45 Q: Will there be an AC/5 and/or overall ballistics nerf in the pipeline?
Paul is always reviewing it. Yes, issues popping up on radar. Also, DPS changes with Host-State-Rewind tweaks (hit detection), and they are watching the data on which weapons are doing what. NO OFFICIAL COMMENT on it yet.
I understand that the phrasing of this implies that they are not necessarily going to nerf AC/5s specifically or ballistics in general, but frankly given (relatively) recent changes, I am leery of them looking at making balance changes prior to some serious re-evaluation of their methods and priorities wrt gameplay.

The next light will be 'Humanoid, Controversial, and a 'specialty mech' [Firestarter? Unseen? -Peiper]
Urbanmech. Come on, what other mech would be "Controversial"? Granted, they've misused adjectives before, so it could just be a mech with ****** hardpoints. Or it could be an OP light... something on the heavier side, with jump jets and high mounted arm weapons.

35:50 Q: Flooded variation of canyon map? Redwood forest/wookie map where mechs can jump jet into trees?
Underwater maps have been talked about. Physics issues and rendering/clipping issues with water now, but surmountable.
No official word on either idea.
They are working on an asymetrical mech facility (tiered, like a pyramid/mountain gardens, one team starts at top/other at bottom)

I am interested in this but see too many ways in which it could go wrong (big surprise, right?). No, seriously, I can see games going on and on because there is a Raven hidden on another level and you have to search for him level by level, and he can simply jump jet up a level or down a level and you'll never catch him. The tree level would be awesome but I can see all sorts of shenanigans with hitboxes and such... did they ever fix that one part of Mordor where it looks like you have a clean shot around the bend around a hill, but there is an invisible wall that will block your shot?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users