Motion Blur Bug In Graphics Options

1 reply to this topic

#1 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 342 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

The real motion blur only gets applied when you are in game and change the motion blur setting between low and high while the global graphics setting is set to custom. At the start of every match it gets turned off again no matter what setting it is on.

Reproduction steps:
1. Set motion blur setting to low or high.
2. Start a match.
3. Observer that there is no "real" motion blur effect.

Workarounds:
1. Set motion blur setting to low or high.
2. Start a match.
3. Observer that there is no "real" motion blur effect.
4. Toggle the motion blur setting to either low or high while the global graphic setting is set to custom. The new motion blur setting must be different from the old setting in order for this to work.
5. Observer that the game now renders real motion blur.

Further info on motion blur:
There are main two types of motion blur in the computer graphics world. The first and "fake" method is partial frame clear, in this method the GPU does not clear previous frames 100% and instead makes it partially transparent and blended with the next frame. The "real" motion blur effect requires shaders to render a velocity map as well as a color map, then a full screen shader is then used to take the color map and the velocity map and generate a directional Gaussian blur for every pixel modulated by its velocity on the velocity map.

#2 JustMK

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

I have same bug for a long time. I hate playing dynamical games without motion blur - it's too choppy.
My normal FPS is arount 25-40 and I got annoyed to set motion blur for every match to off and then to high.
I'll be very grateful for fixing this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users