17 replies to this topic

#1 Delmor008

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

I tryed to buy MC a little while ago but no matter what method i use to buy it always says "Your Card was Declined" or "Paypal rejected your Order"....i checked with my bank and i have the money in my account so why is my purchase always being rejected

Thanks for your help

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,616 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

This is a matter for Paypal or PGI technical support. I don't think we can help you.

#3 Training Instructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

This repeatedly happened to me because I was using my U.S. bank card but I live in Russia.

You can either deal directly with the third party payment system, in which case they'll likely ask you to fax/email a picture of your drivers license and maybe social security card as proof of identity.

Option 2 is that you can email PGI customer support directly and ask to be put on the white list, which is a list of users that PGI sends to their payment vendor that authorizes them to accept your payments without asking for additional verification. It's possible that PGI will not do this until you try the first option though. By the time I got around to doing this, I had already made several successful purchases, and only had to do it because the payment vendor got amnesia and all of a sudden declined purchases even though I had already verified my identity with them via the method described above.

Hope this helps. It's a big pain in the buttocks, but once you do it you should be fine for all future purchases.

Edited by Training Instructor, 08 November 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#4 sneeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

I purchased mc via paypal yesterday and had no problem at all.

yes if you try make transactions like US card from russia it will trigger fraud protection, I have same issues with my US xbl account when I try to transact with an australian card from australia (microsoft rejects payment) however if I purchase MS points on redemption card from a newsagent or supermarket checkout they are accepted.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostDelmor008, on 07 November 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

I tryed to buy MC a little while ago but no matter what method i use to buy it always says "Your Card was Declined" or "Paypal rejected your Order"....i checked with my bank and i have the money in my account so why is my purchase always being rejected

Thanks for your help

Apparently, due to the number of people who have made purchases then requested refunds and then decided to re-purchase (dang wishy-washy people), purchases for this game are on a fraud-watch list. Some credit card companies and/or banks will decline anything on that list. You can call your bank or credit card company and specify that purchases made are authorized.

#6 Delmor008

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 08 November 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Apparently, due to the number of people who have made purchases then requested refunds and then decided to re-purchase (dang wishy-washy people), purchases for this game are on a fraud-watch list. Some credit card companies and/or banks will decline anything on that list. You can call your bank or credit card company and specify that purchases made are authorized.

I am still having Problems.....i can not by MC with anything PayPal, Credit Card Nothing and its really starting to **** me off (sorry for lang.) i dont spend alot of money on online games but i really wish it would let me buy MC...i contacted Playspan Custermer support and have not heard anything from them yet

#7 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

If I remember right.... some countries block some portions of that or something like that.... (sorry bad memory in general)
Even some people not in those countries have issues sometimes because the routers re-route through the countries that do.

(wish I could be more help - will try to find the portions of the forum where I saw people talking about that though)

#8 Delmor008

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

I dont know whats goin on i have tryed everything.....I even bought a PrePaid Greendot credit/debit Card and that didnt even work...i also just went to a diffrent game i play and use my PayPal Account to purchase there ingame CUrrency so i know its not PayPal it has somthing to do with the company overlooking the purchase for this game

Edited by Delmor008, 08 November 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#9 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...-via-any-means/

Sound like your issue?

#10 Delmor008

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 08 November 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Ok thanks i read the Thread and sent a Email to the Address they said so we will see what happens

#11 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

Could be as simple as java or another broswer issue, but please email support for the best help on this kind of issue:

support@mwomercs.com"]support@mwomercs.com

#12 Delmor008

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostPraetor Shepard, on 08 November 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Could be as simple as java or another broswer issue, but please email support for the best help on this kind of issue:

support@mwomercs.com"]support@mwomercs.com

I sent a Email and am still waiting for a reply...How long untill i get a reply from support?

#13 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostDelmor008, on 09 November 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

I sent a Email and am still waiting for a reply...How long untill i get a reply from support?

With the weekend, maybe Monday? But they are good about replying quickly.

#14 Delmor008

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostPraetor Shepard, on 09 November 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

With the weekend, maybe Monday? But they are good about replying quickly.

Ok cool i just hope then can fix what ever the problem is because i would like to support MWO and buy some MC XD it will also help me Ingame if i can get more than 1 mech =P

#15 Marvyn Dodgers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

It may be an extended weekend as well, I have a question out to see if PGI/IGP is closed for Remembrance Day or not, will post here if I hear anything Delmor. Edit - Nothing official, but it doesn't sound like they are on a long weekend, so hopefully you will hear back sooner.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 10 November 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#16 Delmor008

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostMarvyn Dodgers, on 10 November 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

It may be an extended weekend as well, I have a question out to see if PGI/IGP is closed for Remembrance Day or not, will post here if I hear anything Delmor. Edit - Nothing official, but it doesn't sound like they are on a long weekend, so hopefully you will hear back sooner.

well i still have yet to hear a reply but i figured out how to get my MC with the ultimate Game cards i found a website that has Digital Delievery

#17 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

PlaySpan takes a few days to get back to you, which is pretty annoying. I filed a complaint against them with PGI support, detailing the steps I had to take to get my bank visa card working....even though my bank had approved transactions from Russia long before I got into MWO.

That's actually the thing that's made me the maddest with all of these third party payment vendors the online gaming companies use. They don't even bother to contact your bank to see if transactions are approved for that card in the country you're making purchases from. Something is wrong with their technology, because I can use my bank card in Russian grocery stores, restaurants, to make online purchases in Russia, to purchases ebooks through my kindle app, etc.

I think it's because intelligent payment systems do a quick flash to the bank asking the computers there "Is this guy authorized to make purchases from this country? Yeah? Cool bro, I'll send it through then." Meanwhile, these third party vendors do one check...is this guy using a credit card from the country where the sale is originating. If the answer is no, then the order gets automatically blocked. Because NO ONE ever travels or uses their credit cards outside of their home country, i guess. :)

#18 Delmor008

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

Im all good know they have added me to the whitelist and i should beable to buy MC in the next 48 hours or so XD so were all good and thank you all for your help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users