3 replies to this topic

#1 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:25 AM

So I kinda pulled this idea from Warhammer: Online, a game I loved until the devs forgot about the lore (word of warning there). Anyways, with the factions in MWO, this mechanic can be adapted here.

This will rely heavily on CW and assumptions. Pick the largest maps and make a mode where they are constantly in contest. Make it also Conquest with each base representing a resource (and drop) point. When a faction controls all the points, that faction gets some bonus that propagates to everyone and the map resets (or every x hours/minutes). Each drop point would be faction specific and anyone can drop from any point, but they would be representing that faction and all other factions would become targetable. This is to ensure people can still drop and fight even though their faction has already been ousted (and they would also get the bonuses from a total win).

I know there's a lot of detail missing but I just wanted to plant a seed. I have long thought a dynamic, constantly in contest battlefield would be awesome (like planetside but with mechs and without the obvious fail of the P2W mechanics).

#2 Antasius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Agreed cdlord,

Many players are suffering from "smashing mechs together" repeatedly, and ad nauseum.

We need something to fight over, we need a reason for play now.

#3 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

which would be hugely connected to role warfare.

#4 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostStingray1234, on 08 November 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

which would be hugely connected to role warfare.

View Postcdlord, on 08 November 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

This will rely heavily on CW and assumptions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users