Please Add $19.95 Option To Payment Options.

Suggestion

3 replies to this topic

#1 Drafell

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

I went out and purchased an UltimateGameCard due to having a giftcard for use at a local store - the only option available was a $20 card.

The problem is that I would like to redeem the full value of this card with MWO, however the payment options will not let me. There nearest option is $14.95 which leaves me with over $5 which is not going to get used.

I don't mind losing a few cents, but without a payment option or combo that matches the card value it is making it really hard to go ahead and redeem.

At this point I am probably going to just return the card as unused.

#2 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

I thought any unused portion gets saved as Ultimate Points (provided you created a login id with ultimate game card).

So you'd have $5.05 remaining on the card after the purchase and it gets converted to 505 ultimate points. Then you can apply the points on your next purchase (or accumulate more points, etc.)

You don't technically lose the cash, but yeah, you'll have to make another purchase somewhere with Ultimate game card to use the points.

An alternative to buying a game card at your local store is to get it online. They will have a greater selection of game cards.. ie. you would have been able to buy a 10 dollar card and a 5 dollar card.

I use OffGamers to order my cards. If you pay by credit card then you have to pay the transaction fee (usually 2.5%). They value repeat customers, so the more business you give them, the higher customer rank you get. I have platinum status, so even after the credit card fee I end up saving a few percent on the face value (ie. 100 US dollar card might cost me 98 canadian dollars which might be a 5 dollar savings)

#3 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

+1 on this one. I often use pre-paid cards for business and the smaller sums left on the cards for gaming, and its the fees that always bring me over the amount. So rather than dropping the money on MC, I end up using up the last dregs of the prepaid on another game.

While they're at it. It would be great if PGI allowed micro transactions (like War Thunder) for sums like $1 to $3.

Please take my change PGI!

#4 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

The one thing that has consistently amazed me is what I assume to be IGP's (or perhaps both IGP and PGI) steadfast refusal to do micro-trans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users