Some Good Mwo Background Music

No replies to this topic

#1 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hey guys. I found some great MWO music but I should give you a bit of a primer for how I got there first.

Skip to the line if tl;dr

About five years ago I stumbled across this MW4 video. Most of them are atrocious (How many times can you possibly use "Let the bodies hit the floor" or Linkin Park), but this one stuck with me as the music seemed significantly more fitting

Please skip ahead to 1m 18s or so to get to the part I'm talking about. I tried including it in the URL link but this forum doesn't seem to allow that option.

So cut ahead to five years later, I'm pretty into the band. They're actually working on a new album and are putting stuff up free to download (they ask for you to sign up, but so far they aren't spamming me with anything and the info is rather basic). One such thing that they put up was a collection of half-finished songs that they're asking their fans to vote on which they like the best.

but here's the kicker, after listening to said bundle of songs, I tried playing them as background music in MWO, and so far it has proven better BGM than any other band I've tried playing from Metal to electronic to anything else.

I commented on their page, and they sent me an e-mail in reply:

read your comment
if you wish feel free to submit these sounds to the mechwarrior online community

i just ask to have a link to the dome somewhere :)

The band's name is Dope Stars Inc, from Italy.
You can find the file at the following link. I don't know if you need to sign in or otherwise

http://www.hackingth...ingiscaring.zip

And of course, the link to the main site:

http://www.hackingthewave.com/

Edited by ice trey, 09 November 2013 - 06:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users