Screen Jerking

10 replies to this topic

#1 Thor USMC

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

I have a Alienware M17x, GTX 770M video, I7 laptop. I am seeing my screen during play jerk left or right by itself or get the “rubber band” effect of moving forward or backwards. FPS are 50 and higher. I have called Dell and updated all my drivers, re flashed Bios and uninstalled nvidia drivers and software completely and installed again. I have used Nvidia to set my mwo video settings and or manually set them? Any clues?

#2 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Rubber Banding forward or backwards is going to be a latency problem. What is your ping and does it ever fluctuate more than 300ms?

#3 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:18 AM

Check your network adapters power settings, go in to Device manager, Right click on your network adapter, select properties, go to power management tab, and turn off "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Posted Image

#4 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:09 AM

To add to the above regarding the power settings, you should also turn off the power saving option for battery powered mode (when the laptop is not pluged into the socket). Sorry, no idea where you will find this option on your PC though.

Alternatively... maybe your mech is just "happy" to see a "Pretty Baby" Awsome.

#5 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

Try enabling V-sync. Without it, my screen feels like it's "jerking" too, albeit up vertically rather than left-right.

#6 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

I cannot tell from the description if the OP is describing network "rubber banding" which is caused by the client being out of sync with the server; which itself is generally caused by poor network performance (try going wired).

Or, if the OP is describing screen tearing/skipping which is generally caused by graphics setting which exceed the ability of the hardware being used (try lowering settings).

And since this is a notebook, plug in.

#7 Candun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts
  • Locationpotland oilgon

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

my screen has been jerking since last patch as well,i at first thoght it had to do with the new screen shake but none of my teammates have been experiencing it.ill b just standing in place and my screen will jerk to the left or right if i had a way to record it i would.i havnt had the rubberbanding tho

Edited by Candun, 15 November 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#8 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

S!

I also have intermittent jerks to left or right in game, most noticeable if standing still. First I thought it was caused by my rudder pedals, but after checking this was not the cause. No idea what started this phenomenon, but came after last patch.

#9 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Are these "jerks" part of the new "screen shake when 'mechs fall" feature?

Or is the camera logic bugged somehow?

#10 Thor USMC

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

I have done and checked everything i can. I have updated drivers, called Dell tech support, Played around with nvidia control panel. I have done speed tests on internet 25 down 2 up. I also played a 20 min 1080 hd video with no issues. My asus g75v plays well on same internet connection. what i am seeing is when walking straight ahead all of sudden my torsos will by itself just turn left or right? it happens allot. I also am seeing what i call rubber band effect. A mech can be 10m in front then jump to 30m back to 20m? i will be still shooting at a mech and then next thing i am shooting off in another direction.

#11 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

HD video and live gaming are completely different animals. What you are experiencing sounds like your internet connection is lagging MWO for brief moments under load which can happen for a number of reasons. It sounds like subtle a connection speed issue though, likely from resources diverting to other users/applications while you are playing, which you would not notice while watching Netflix or most anything outside multiplayer gaming.

Try something like Gigabyte LanOptimizer http://www.gigabyte....-optimizer.html and see if it helps...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users