Target Locks

4 replies to this topic

#1 JD McFrizzle

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSE Kansas USA

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

What is going on with the target locks??? It's taking like 8 years to achieve a lock, and when you do, if you move the reticle off for even a fraction of a second you lose it. If you have to keep on target that accurately theres no point in using streaks at all. I have BAP, Adv. target decay AND 360 target retention. I can accept the losing lock part, but the 20 years to gain a lock is a bit crazy. Lights are hard enough to kill as it is with all the hitbox issues and hit registration issues as it is, but now nerfing the streaks as well? come on! A light should NEVER be able to take an assault out one on one unless the assault pilot is clueless, as I am NOT. Doesnt help that BAP seems to NOT counter an ECM half the time. Yes I know that one BAP counters one ECM, but it doesnt even do that half the time. Please address these issues. I have never bitched here before and probably wont again, but this favoring light mechs is kinda {Scrap}. Is this "All hail the invincible spider" or what??? :D

Edited by JD McFrizzle, 10 November 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

Remember that it also takes lights longer to lock as well. My Jenner's Streaks are less effective, simply because I cannot fire them as often.

I haven't noticed any BAP issues though -- ECM is being canceled as normal.

#3 JD McFrizzle

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSE Kansas USA

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

it was a bug of some sort. took the mech apart, saved it, restarted client and reassembled it, all is normal now. :D

Edited by JD McFrizzle, 10 November 2013 - 08:33 PM.

#4 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Have you checked if this is posted in workarounds, and if not, posted it there?

#5 MountainCopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationUU, Ankh-Morpork

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

Noticed the long target lock-on myself. Close range fight with lights resulting in getting no lock-on at all for Streaks. Why do I carry them then?

View PostJD McFrizzle, on 10 November 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

it was a bug of some sort. took the mech apart, saved it, restarted client and reassembled it, all is normal now. :P

I'm not going to start to even try this procedure. Just one more bug to fix on their end...
Not going to build up my Mech again every other game to check if MAYBE it helps.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users