- - - - -

Trouble Downloading

7 replies to this topic

#1 Pai Deadwing

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hello everyone, n00b here. I don't know if I'm posting in the right place, but I looked all subforums and this seemed to be the right place. Also, didn't find my problem in the FAQs. There is a lot of information too, so it's probable that I overlooked what I'm looking for. Anyway,

I'm from Argentina. My only experience with MechWarrior games was MW3. Loved every bit of it, never got to play it online, and due to having a crappy machine for years, I was never able to play MW4 until it was too late. Only last week I heard of this, and inmediately rushed here, signed up and began downloading, eager to play...I'm still eager :D

The first trouble I had was that the updater would stop download and not continue if anything happen. On my end I never noticed a loss of connection, but many times I found a small window saying that connection stopped, asking me to continue. Then it would continue downloading, showing a little "jump forward" in the progression bar, of about 100 Mb more or less. Once I had to shut down my computer, so I had to close launcher, and it warned me that my install could go corrupt. I closed it anyway (had to), and when I reopened it, some 600 Mb were lost. Since then, I left my PC on no matter what happened. The laucher said I had to download 3403,91 MB. A couple of hours ago I had to go out, and last time I checked there were some 400 MB. I just came back, and I found this:

Posted Image

Is this normal? Or something went FUBAR? Couldn't notice if progression bar keeps on filling...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Pai Deadwing, 10 November 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#2 Pai Deadwing

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

Nevermind, solved. I thought the progression bar was just for the download, it included the install progress. Shortly after I posted, it say download completed, then it installed the patch. Tested the game in testing grounds, seems to work fine.

#3 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Cool.

And if you like you can also download and run this repair tool to check on your install: http://mwomercs.com/...public-release/

I've used it after patches or issues with performance just in case.

#4 Pai Deadwing

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:20 AM

Cool, thank you!

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

Your patcher didn't split the download and the install processes as one bar followed by another bar. Haven't seen that happen but evidently it does.

#6 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

Welcome to the game - if you have any questions about the usefulness of various mechs or weapons (this one is a little different from the older games) feel free to ask. :P

#7 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

Welcome aboard, and as noted above, it is always a good idea to run the repair tool after each patch to see if anything got corrupted. Happy hunting! A suggestion, do a forum search on cadet bonus before going mech shopping, tldr - run at least 25 matches to max your xp before spending too many cbills, it is downhill per match from there.

#8 Korvoz

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

I have this exact problem, except when i try to manually unzip the comprized files the patcher gets me they manage to vanish... Going to leave it on overnight and see what happens. Been missing these games alot so can't really wait for this to work :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users