819 replies to this topic

#801 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:50 PM

Looking to reconnect with an old unit mate from the zone that went under the screen name of DHG_Psycho

#802 SirWilmFred

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:49 AM

I used to be in DHG for MW3 Pirate's Moon! DHG_SirWilmFred

#803 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:59 AM

Thanks OP for the topic those were the golden days of PC MechWarrior me and my cousin GhostRider would play 10+ leagues Solaris and planetary(BTU,MWL,NBT,VL,MWA,CBT,BT,3025,BZ,P2K) and chat to the thousands of MechWarrior pilots that came online.

As Kahn's of OA , GB and a few other clans we set up battles all night long for our league brothers and allies as we played 2v2-12v12 matches. I truly wish MWO had been MechWarrior5 with all the fun tactical and entertaining battles and the social environment we enjoyed.

Posted Image

Edited by KingCobra, 01 January 2016 - 10:00 AM.

#804 S n a k e

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBFE Wisconsin

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:41 AM

Yeah MS Gaming Zone and Mech 3 16 years ago now since i first played my first online match.

#805 Silent_Jester

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:56 PM

Well dang. Old Zone players. Nice! MW3 and the Zone are what brought me to online gaming. Back then I played under the name SmilinJak, and once in awhile under my sysop name. Played with some guys going by Lupus, Hawk, Honorbound, there was a husband and wife from the UK. Sadly I don't recall the unit name anymore. Then moved into a league and played with Clan Hells Horses in MW4. Was a lot of fun. Hard to believe it's been 16 years already lol.

#806 XCOM Engineer 3051

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:37 PM

~Hailz The zone was the greatest. The way they did Mechwarrior Online was incredible. The replay value was incredibly high. I never got tired of powering up running or jump sniping with my pew pew's. I played under Cobra Strike Force (CSF), then Clan Jade Falcon as JF_Nitemare, then moved to BsH as BsH_BaKeD_Prism. Played majority VL matches. Would love to find some of my old friends I used to play with.

#807 Ariesmercwar

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:50 PM

I remember playing on MS zone. :)

#808 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:03 AM

This is one aspect of MWO that could be improved in the Private game part a new MSN gamming Zone style Social/lobby launcher system placed on a tab in the front home of the MWO UI and new private leagues to play MWO How hard is it to clone a old mm system from the PC MechWarrior games?

#809 Tvrdoglavi

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:14 AM

I used to play a lot of Age of Empires on the Zone back in the day. Good times. Never understood why Microsoft decided to ruin the service.

Edited by Tvrdoglavi, 12 April 2016 - 07:15 AM.

#810 Silent_Jester

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:25 PM

We used to talk about it in Backchat towards the end. If I remember right it was because it wasn't generating them enough revenue to make it worth continuing to run. Yes it had a good population through most of the games. The script kiddies drove us tokens nuts at times, and a rare few actually were able to hack into parts of the system, but over all it was a money issue.

#811 HatedOne

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

16 years later im playing mechwarrior again. Life is grand... Any old friends out there?

#812 Oswald Boelcke

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:08 PM

chk immelmann was here. :-)

#813 xX_Nero_Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 649 posts
  • LocationDallas,Texas

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:39 PM

FEAR THE KORE

#814 DlNGO

Rookie

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:18 AM

CFW/KDx inda house. Miss those days.

#815 TKG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 182 posts
  • LocationThe Sandhills of NC

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

[PGC] TKG, present and accounted for, Also I was a member of L_skulls at one point too. Honestly I found this topic while trying to see if my old unit (from MW4) had formed up in MWO but sadly there's no way to look up units on MWO. Since I saw some Laughing Skulls folks on here I figure what the hell....maybe some of my old team is out here as well.

#816 st3a1th

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:46 AM

I know the last post was ages ago, but I've been looking for posts like this all night for some reason.

MSN Zone: st3alth
Units: KH, DoM, DC, MWM, JF, WM ..... pretty much "almost" every unit at one point or another just to get games under smurf accounts.

Did MWL under HFH eventually since Zone had me on so many units blacklists to match against :(

Maybe looking to try this game or new MW5 if it ever releases. Love to chat with some peoples.

Edited by st3a1th, 03 May 2018 - 12:55 AM.

#817 xX_Nero_Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 649 posts
  • LocationDallas,Texas

Posted 16 February 2020 - 07:54 AM

Fear the KORE

#818 xEDGEx

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 12:04 AM

General UKMxEDGE here. Vengeance League and Solaris. Its good to see fellow survivor Mechwarriors.

Anyone out there?

#819 xX_Nero_Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 649 posts
  • LocationDallas,Texas

Posted 23 August 2022 - 09:48 AM

bump

#820 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 05:17 AM

I don't know about fear but we laughed with you and at you alot during the innumerable KH vs. KORE matches that went down.
;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users