Make Kill Assists A Stat Displayed In The Profile

25 replies to this topic

Poll: Should "Kill Assists" be a recorded stat? (113 member(s) have cast votes)

Yay or nay?

1. Yay (107 votes [94.69%])

Percentage of vote: 94.69%

2. Nay (6 votes [5.31%])

Percentage of vote: 5.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 25 February 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

I'd still prefer it if the kill went to the player that caused the most damage to the mech and the assists go to the players that caused at least 10% of the mechs overall damage taken.

Then a new stat should be created for the player that lands the killing shot.

So basically you'd have Kills, Assists and Kill Shots. Then coupled with Damage Done and Accuracy, you'd have a better overall idea of the player's combat proficiency and play style.

I believe Tribes Ascend has kill's, assists, and critical assists which is more or less the system you're talking about. It works well there and I'd like to see it here as well.

I think it was doing 60% or moe of the total damage to get a critical assist.

Of course things are more complicated it when tracking it for this game as total damage and effective damage aren't necessarily the same thing. How do you count the difference between someone who sandblasted the side torsos and arms and someone who does far less but cores them out every time?

#22 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

I think not only that, but everything you earn c-bills / experience for, should be a recorded stat.

#23 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

View PostDago Red, on 14 May 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

Of course things are more complicated it when tracking it for this game as total damage and effective damage aren't necessarily the same thing. How do you count the difference between someone who sandblasted the side torsos and arms and someone who does far less but cores them out every time?

Good point. I run a Stalker with 4 LLs and on a good day I can blow your RT or LT (whichever is closer) without making any other part of you glow. If you're driving an XL, you die. If I have 4 kills and under 500 damage I'm not kill stealing, I'm just being tidy.

#24 The Iron Player

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSkyrim

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

This sounds like a great idea, I specialize Atlas and it's usually fruitless when it comes to getting kills nowadays so showing all the assists I got is a big 1UP for me being I am mostly a team player.

#25 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

Would be nice, but you can get the number now by looking at your achievements. Just can't break it down to individual mechs.

#26 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:44 AM

I came to pose this question.

I am a missile boat Captain thru and thru, I am also a team player. I don't go for kills until late in the match to mop up. My main strategy is to constantly change targets and keep as many enemy heads down as possible, allowing my team to advance and/or position. So often Im not even getting hits.
My damage done to kill assists ratio shows I am earning assists not just getting lucky drive byes.
My kill/death ratio is crap as a result.

Maybe an activity stat as well like you see in War Thunder.

Edited by Tractor Joe, 17 February 2015 - 07:45 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users