#1 Vajrabhairava

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEurope/germany

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

Hey everyone,

during the last few assault mode matches I played the idea has come to my mind that I would like to suggest an update for the assault mode.

Every team should be able to kind of reverse-cap its own base to "heal" or regenerate lost home-base capture points after an unfinished capture attempt. Points increase in the same way they decrease during capture of opponents base.

If u agree please like the thread, anyway thank you for reading:).

#2 MandaloreWise01

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

This would make for longer matches, and a bigger challenge. I agree.

#3 Galil Nain

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

I like the idea, but I'm unsure how much of a priority it would be considered should it be chosen for implementation, due to the comparatively small percentage of assault matches that end in caps.

That being said, the code is already in the Conquest mode, so integrating it into Assault shouldn't be prohibitively involved...

#4 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

Mid mission repairs don't make a lot of sense in a no-respawn game. If they every provide a respaw type game mode then I could see it making sense.

Why does it make no sense? Because the whole idea of no-respawn is that ever present punishment of death. You know how pissed off I would be if I worked hard to get that mech cored out just to find him fully repaired 30 seconds later? Very.

EDIT: woops, sorry but topic title mislead me. Lash me lord!

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 12 November 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#5 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 11 November 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Mid mission repairs don't make a lot of sense in a no-respawn game. If they every provide a respaw type game mode then I could see it making sense.

Why does it make no sense? Because the whole idea of no-respawn is that ever present punishment of death. You know how pissed off I would be if I worked hard to get that mech cored out just to find him fully repaired 30 seconds later? Very.

Did you even read? It's not repairs for the mech. It's the ability to re-cap your assault base.

I agree it should make for longer matches. but It should take twice as long to re-capture your own base. The point being; your base is being hacked, It should take longer to re-hack your own system.

#6 Hop per

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

Another good role for scouts and mediums. Anything to encourage more role warfare.

#7 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hmm... that could work, maybe provides a motivation for more players to return to base when being capped in Assault.

And we basically have that in Conquest.

#8 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Heal at 25-50% of cap rate, then sure. It'll let you possibly recover from a near cap-defense, but not at such a rate where you can make capping nearly impossible. Would make playing base defense be even more worthwhile.

#9 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostEnzane, on 11 November 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Did you even read? It's not repairs for the mech. It's the ability to re-cap your assault base.

I agree it should make for longer matches. but It should take twice as long to re-capture your own base. The point being; your base is being hacked, It should take longer to re-hack your own system.

Apologies, my speed reading not so good it seem.

In that case I think it would be a neat feature

#10 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Sorry to come off sounding like a jerk.

I was speed typing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users